Forecasters have warned homes and businesses could be flooded and travel affected by heavy rain on Friday.
The Met Office has issued a yellow ‘be aware’ rain warning across west and most of south and mid Wales from 07:00 GMT on Friday until 03:00 on Saturday.
Forecasters predict parts of south Wales could to see 60-80 mm of rain with 50-60 mph (80 – 99 km/h) gusts “likely” on coasts and higher ground”.
People have also been warned power cuts and floodwater is “possible”.
“A band of heavy rain will move eastwards across the area on Friday morning before clearing to the east early on Saturday,” said the Met Office.
“After wet weather on preceding days, some flooding is likely. This in turn will affect transport and travel.”
- Storms bring heavy rain across the state
- 10 buried alive in Hiroshima as heavy rain hits wide areas of Japan
- At least 20 killed, dozens missing as heavy rain pounds Japan
- UK weather forecast: Yellow flood warning issued as huge downpours set to drown Britain
- Heavy rain, possible flooding, today in Morris
- Tropical Depression Track Changes; Strong Winds, Heavy Rain Expected Thursday – Even After System Passes
- Flash floods anticipated through region into Friday before cooler temps
- Japan hunts for survivors of floods that killed nearly 100
- Rescuers race to find survivors after Japan floods kill 109
- It has not rained for 23 days... but that could be about to change
- Severe rain, damaging winds threaten Philadelphia region starting Wednesday afternoon
- After last night's deluge, the rain is back – and hail, too
- Here's when heavy rain, winds are predicted to arrive in Salem Monday night
- Upstate weather: Flash flood watch as rain closes out 2018, ushers in 2019 with soggy start
- Flood warning in effect as heavy rains make 2018 'wettest year' on record
- Quick-rising water sparks flash flooding in Houston on soggy Fourth of July
- Thunderstorms firing up in Upstate NY; flash flooding, power outages possible
- N.J. weather: Drenching thunderstorms could drop 3 to 4 inches of rain, spark flash flooding
- At least 50 dead, scores missing as torrential rains lash Japan
- Death toll over 100 in Japan floods as rescuers dig through mud, rubble for survivors
Weather: Flooding warning as heavy rain forecast on Friday have 381 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at December 17, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.