This wasn’t how the Warriors envisioned heading into the season. Coming off a league-worst 15-50 record, Golden State opens group practices Monday with Klay Thompson sidelined for the season with a torn right Achilles tendon and two players self-quarantining after testing positive for the coronavirus. But the Warriors remain committed to trying to win as much as possible, even if a title might be out of reach. In The Chronicle’s latest mailbag, I received questions about everything from realistic expectations for the season to a possible trade for James Harden to the logic behind the Kent Bazemore signing. Here are my answers: @brandon99233557: Are the fans’ expectations of this team way too high? Because I’m a realist, and I know that every time Curry has reached the Finals, he has had a very elite defense next to him. I just don’t see that anymore. It depends on what fans expect. Do you think the Warriors can legitimately contend for a title without Thompson this season? I’m sorry, but that’s not happening. Do you expect the Warriors to make the playoffs and have an outside chance at a top-four seed in the Western Conference? That’s more realistic. You hit on my… Read full this story
- Can James Harden and Russell Westbrook fit the pieces together? Will that be enough?
- NBA Superstar James Harden Reportedly Dating Model [PHOTOS]
- Protesting LA Clippers beaten by hot-shooting Steph Curry and the Warriors
- Action-packed offseason for Warriors’ Stephen Curry
- Would Texas win the ACC if Clemson and Texas traded conferences?
- James Carafano: China's sanctions on US officials are an attempt to scare the world
- Progressives can't leave criticism of China to the new cold warriors
- From the silent movie stars' legendary party dens to Jayne Mansfield's Pink Palace and lothario Rudolph Valentino's retreat: Inside the lavish homes of the rich and famous from the Golden Age of Hollywood lost to development and fire
- Does Lillard’s big night signal turnaround for Blazers?
- Lillard has triple-double and Blazers beat Rockets 125-112
Warriors mailbag: Is a James Harden trade feasible? Should Golden State even try? have 336 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at December 7, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.