The owner of Uswitch is close to unveiling a takeover of Confused.com in a deal that would unite two of Britain’s biggest online price comparison sites.Sky News has learnt that a division of ZPG – which also owns the property portal Zoopla – could announce the purchase of Confused.com from Admiral Group, the London-listed insurer, as soon as this week.One source said it could be unveiled as early as Tuesday morning, when the London Stock Exchange resumes trading after a four-day break.Precise details of the deal, including the price that Admiral had obtained for Penguin Portals – the division within which Confused.com sits – were unclear on Monday.Analysts have speculated that the business could be worth in the region of £350m. Advertisement Insiders said that Red Ventures, which like ZPG is backed by the global technology investor Silver Lake, may also participate in the deal.The Penguin Portals unit also includes Rastreator and GoSahi.com, which operate in Spain and India respectively. More from Business Brexit: EU nations unanimously approve deal as Britons warned over travel insurance, charges and exports COVID-19: Boxing Day sales hit as Tier 4 closures push spending down Trump backs down and signs COVID relief bill after surprise… Read full this story
- The "Initial Interest Confusion" Test - Analysis and Proposal for a Sensible Formulation for Use on the Internet
- Do Amazon.com’s Search Results Constitute Trademark Infringement?
- Mnuchin: US-China trade talks to resume soon, Japan deal near
- Confusion and panic as tenants fear ousting for lead law
- Richland councilman pressured illegal land buy for pet project park, Seals says
- Limbaugh already down 1 vote in bid to buy Rams
- Rolling Up and Recapitalizing the Distressed Tenancy In Common (TIC) Deal
- Facts of history, politics create confusion for conservatism
- What's the Deal with the "Big Reveal"? Getting Exposed to the List of New gTLD Applicants and Applications
- ‘I can’t be a felon’: Gun owners sue California over faulty weapon registration system
Uswitch-owner clicks on deal to buy Admiral's Confused.com have 322 words, post on news.sky.com at December 28, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.