DOWNING Street has been accused of running a “brainwashing PR campaign” as it’s claimed that just FOUR NHS trusts are busier than last year. As England emerges from another draconian lockdown, ministers have warned that the health service risks being “overwhelmed” by Covid patients if the new Tier system is not adhered to. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates However, the Mail Online claims that official data shows only four NHS trusts are busier now than last December – despite the pandemic. The report says there are THOUSANDS of beds spare this year compared to last winter. It is claimed NHS England figures show that 87.7 per cent of beds – 77,942 out of 88,903 – were occupied in the week ending Nov. 22.In comparison, the Mail reports that occupancy last year stood at 94.9 per cent on average during a seven-day spell ending on Dec. 8, 2019 – weeks before the first Covid patient was treated in the UK. Yet, the NHS has hit back insisting that comparing the current data with last year’s is like “comparing apples and pears” because hospital capacities have changed – with wards split into Covid and non-Covid… Read full this story
- Garden News: Just because it's winter doesn't mean you can't have a colorful landscape
- Las Vegas says no data stolen in cyber attack on city system
- France's digital minister says tax on big tech is just the start
- 'I fancy him. He's got biceps bigger than his head!' Charlotte Crosby falls for I'm A Celebrity co-star Ryan Gallagher saying he 'gives her a tingle' - just weeks after her split from Ex On The Beach star Joshua Ritchie
- The Government says Australians will lose out on medical help if refugees are brought here for treatment. Is that correct?
- Hospitals look to technology to communicate, reduce errors
- Hospital in bullying claims did not monitor at-risk patients
- State again paying for jail inmate hospital care, but East Baton Rouge jail still struggling with medical operations
- Danny Blind wary of England’s young guns for Holland’s Wembley visit
- East Baton Rouge jail needs new medical leadership to fix ‘inconsistent’ health care, consultants say
Top medic says No10’s data ‘doesn’t stack up’ as it’s claimed just four hospitals in England busier than last winter have 356 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 1, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.