The actress and stand-up comedian tells PEOPLE she has been exercising daily along with “eating directly out of my garden”
Tiffany Haddish is proof that, even with the unusual restrictions of the pandemic, major personal achievements are still possible.
"During this COVID period, I’ve lost 40 pounds," Haddish tells PEOPLE, adding that she's been exercising every day for "anywhere from 15 minutes to sometimes two hours.”
The actress and stand-up comedian, 40, says her new commitment to health and fitness was inspired by the late track-and-field superstar Florence Griffith Joyner, the Olympian athlete who still holds the world record as the fastest woman of all time.
"I had this thought in my mind that I want the body of Flo-Jo!" Haddish says.
She also sticks to a regular vitamin regimen and has significantly shifted her diet toward healthier foods.
"I’ve been eating differently, eating way more vegetables, definitely eating directly out of my garden and just really putting in the work, making sure I sweat every single day and staying up on nutrition – nutrition is everything," she says. "And I try to dance every day for like five to ten minutes. I think that’s really important, too: Make it fun!"
Haddish, who stars in the upcoming film "Here Today” has also been taking time during quarantine to reflect on her own early struggles with homelessness and food insecurity.
"I was homeless and hungry – that’s like two Hs you don’t want to be! Once I got over that hump, I felt relieved. But also I felt like I must continue to work and create opportunity for others so that I don’t end up that way again."
To that end, and through her role as an ambassador for vitafusion Gummy Vitamins , Haddish has been bringing attention to WhyHunger's Hungerthon , a holiday effort to ease hunger. "This is the 35th year that they’ve done it. I’m like, ‘I’m going to be a part of this.’ I wanted to see how I can contribute. In what way can I lend my platform to spread the word to help?" she says. "There’s a lot of people in our country right now that are starving."
While Haddish has found stability and success in her life, she hasn’t forgotten her past. "I’m grateful for those experiences,” she says. "I believed there was definitely going to be a better day, that the things that I was going through was to get me stronger for something greater. That the pain that I was feeling was all to prepare me for success."
- Nutrition Tips For Weight Loss
- How to Select Foods For Maximum Weight Loss
- What Can I Use to Replace the Bars in My LA Weight Loss Diet?
- Contemplating Weight Loss Surgery? Get the Benefits Without the Scalpel!
- Your Secret Weapon in the Weight-Loss Battle
- Weight Loss Tips - Use These Weight Loss Tips to Jump Start Your Metabolism
- Rapid Weight Loss Tips - Lose 20 Pounds in 30 Days With This Proven Plan
- Lose 40 Lbs Quick - Weight Loss Tips For Women to Lose 40 Pounds and Get in Shape Post Pregnancy
- Fast Weight Loss After Pregnancy - FAQs and Tips For Fast Weight Loss After Pregnancy
- Weight Loss For Women Over 40 - How Women at 38+ Can Lose Weight Effectively
- Lose 20 Lbs in 30 Days - 40 Lbs in 60 Days
- Fast Weight Loss - Herbal Diet Supplements - Quick Natural Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Yo-Yo - Effects of Glycogen on Weight Loss and Other Boring But Really Important Info
- 3 Fast and Easy Weight Loss Rules
- 3 Steps to Fast Safe Weight Loss
- Weight Loss After Having a Baby - What to Avoid, Nutrition, and Tips For Weight Loss After Baby
- 10 Tips to Lose 10 Pounds Fast! - Weight Loss Simplified
- Weight Loss Surgery - Is it For You and Your Body Type?
- Weight Loss and Maintenance - Lessons For Us All
- Acai Berry - The Most Effective Weight Loss Diet?
Tiffany Haddish Shares the Strategy Behind Her 40-Lb. Weight Loss: 'Nutrition Is Everything' have 804 words, post on people.com at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.