President Donald Trump announced another round of 29 pardons on Wednesday night, rewarding loyalists like Jared Kushner’s father, his former campaign manager Paul Manafort and his longtime crony Roger Stone. The pardons of Manafort and Stone reward two of the most high-profile and widely condemned former advisers to Trump, both of whom were indicted by special counsel Robert Mueller, went to trial and were convicted by juries of multiple crimes. Trump long praised Manafort and Stone for their loyalty – both men refused to cooperate with prosecutors. The president had commuted Stone’s sentence earlier this year. Stone appeared on Fox News’ Tucker Carlson shortly after the news broke Wednesday to thank the president, claiming that he had an ‘enormous debt of gratitude to God almighty’ for giving Trump ‘the strength and courage to recognize that my prosecution was a completely politically-motivated witch hunt’. He claimed that there is no truth to any claims that he remained silent during the Mueller investigation in return for a pardon and blasted his conviction as a ‘Soviet-style show trial’. Stone told Carlson that he did not know of his pardon until he heard about it will watching Fox but his attorney had now confirmed with… Read full this story
- Lindsey Graham will NOT meet Donald Trump's call to summon Barack Obama for questioning about Mike Flynn's prosecution as he cites 'executive privilege' concerns after Trump demands '50-year sentences'
- Trump DGAF About Roger Stone or Justice. Here’s the Proof.
- Paul Manafort, 71, is RELEASED from prison: Trump's disgraced former campaign chairman is granted home confinement amid COVID concerns - just one year into his seven-and-half year sentence
- Donald Trump unloads on his critics again claiming 'dirty cops and politicians' will 'pay a big price' for dropped prosecution of Mike Flynn - and says 'I learned a lot from Richard Nixon - don't fire people!'
- Donald Trump claims Joe Biden was a 'big unmasker' as Obama's VP revealed to have had Mike Flynn's name unmasked - then tears into 'sleazebags' and claims 'this was all Biden, we caught them'
- Obama says the 'rule of law is at risk' in the Mike Flynn DOJ case in extraordinary leaked call after it emerged he was aware of the general's wiretapped phone calls in 2016 before Trump took office
- US House Republicans find 'no evidence' of Trump-Russia collusion
- Live coverage of Trump inauguration
- Dinner diplomacy: Melania Trump sits beside Putin at G20 banquet after her husband confronted him on hacking the election - which Russian leader flatly denied
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 13
Roger Stone says he found out about his pardon from watching Fox News as he thanks Donald Trump and is granted clemency along with 28 others including Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner's father who hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law have 419 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 24, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.