Everyone can sing along with their favorite love songs, and many have cried over love stories, poetry and romantic boy-meets-girl film comedies. Many T-shirts and posters advertise, “All you need is love (or more chocolate)” and “Love wins,” while others warn in Shakespearean fashion, “The course of true love never did run smooth.” No feeling, it seems, has been written, sung or mused about more than love, and there are many popular sayings involving it. There is love at first sight, puppy love, no love lost between people and the notion that all’s fair in love and war. German also has many colorful, descriptive phrases and idioms involving love — click on the picture gallery to find out what they are! You’ll find more from Meet the Germans on YouTube or at dw.com/MeettheGermans.
- Star Wars: German sci-fi-loving professor paints observatory as giant version of robot R2-D2
- German savers need not reckon with negative interest rates
- Trying to address our society's single biggest need
- Holiday island mourns after bus crash kills 29 German tourists
- A Quarter Million Germans Opt Out of Google Street View
- German army study sees need for dozens more light helicopters -sources
- German minister to carmakers
- Made in America: The German cars Trump doesn't want
- German Industry Groups Warn US On Tariffs Before Trump-Juncker Meeting
- Work until 69? Germans riled by Bundesbank call
German idioms: All you need is love have 227 words, post on www.dw.com at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.