Everyone can sing along with their favorite love songs, and many have cried over love stories, poetry and romantic boy-meets-girl film comedies. Many T-shirts and posters advertise, “All you need is love (or more chocolate)” and “Love wins,” while others warn in Shakespearean fashion, “The course of true love never did run smooth.”
No feeling, it seems, has been written, sung or mused about more than love, and there are many popular sayings involving it. There is love at first sight, puppy love, no love lost between people and the notion that all’s fair in love and war.
German also has many colorful, descriptive phrases and idioms involving love — click on the picture gallery to find out what they are!
- Column: Children need love and kindness to learn
- Kittens rescued near death from Brooklyn trash heap need loving home
- Hug a scrooge today, they need love, too
- A Rock Band Flirts with German Taboos, and Finds a Huge Following
- In their best red stilettos, German transvestites stomp on AfD
- Taking a chance pays big dividends in love: Send us your pet rescue stories
- German farmers call for emergency measures over poor harvest
- Germany needs tougher laws against cyber crime, top policeman tells paper
- German City Sells $1000 Houses on eBay
- Protester who harassed German reporters worked for police