ELON Musk’s SpaceX suffered its second rocket mishap in days as the new Starship prototype collapsed on its hanger this morning. The Starship Serial Number 9 (SN9) reportedly started to lean on its stand at the Boca Chia testing facility on Friday – days after the SN8 exploded in an huge fireball. Though the stand holding up Musk’s creation reportedly gave way, the vehicle assembly building was in place and the high bay stopped it from toppling. It caught the enormous rocket which then smashed into the ground – days after SpaceX’s SN8 unmanned test capsule blew up as it smashed into the ground on December 9. The 160-foot tall SN8 completed its first high-altitude flight of 41,000 feet for 6 minutes and 40 seconds – but it ended in a dramatic explosion when it hit the ground. Musk said SN8 was a success, however, because it reached its altitude target, as well as collecting data en route. The SN9 was second prototype with wing tips, nose cone, and the same body design as the rockets before it. It’s not clear whether SN9 was damaged today. Seems like the stand SN9 was on COLLAPSED and the only thing that saved StarShip from falling… Read full this story
- Elon Musk wants to put a MILLION people on Mars by 2050 using ‘1,000-strong Starship fleet’
- Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance review – how one tech billionaire plans to save the world
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk is seen enjoys a Sunday drive in the passenger seat of his personal Cybertruck
- Elon Musk is a SoundCloud rapper now, in 2020’s weirdest twist
- Are Amber Heard and Elon Musk Hanging Out Amid Their Pending Divorces? Both Spotted at Same Miami Hotel
- Elon Musk Can’t Lose
- Elon Musk to unveil Mars plans this year, wants to go to space by 2020
- SpaceX successfully launches another batch of 60 Starlink internet satellites after two days of weather delays, bringing the total number in orbit around the Earth to 180
- SpaceX needs to put people into space. NASA’s deadline is looming
- Op-ed: We love you SpaceX, and hope you reach Mars. But we need you to focus.
Elon Musk’s SpaceX suffers second rocket mishap in days as new starship prototype COLLAPSES on hanger have 346 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.