The Northern Ireland Executive has agreed to reduce the five-day Christmas bubbling arrangements in the region to one day, according to Stormont sources.The relaxation of COVID-19 rules to allow three households to gather together will now be limited to Christmas Day.However, flexibility will be afforded to people working on December 25 to enable them to bubble on another day over the festive period.The decision was made by Stormont ministers during an emergency virtual executive meeting on Sunday evening in response to the new variant of coronavirus that has taken hold in London and the South East. Subscribe to Sophy Ridge on Sunday on Apple podcasts, Google podcasts, Spotify, Spreaker Advertisement Ministers also debated amending the 1967 Public Health Act to introduce a temporary ban on travel from Great Britain to Northern Ireland. More from Covid-19 How the UK’s mutant virus scared Europe into action and hastened border disruption COVID-19: Major disruption expected at Kent ports after France bans all UK arrivals US President-elect Joe Biden to get COVID vaccine as Moderna distribution begins COVID-19: How worried should we be about the threat of the new strain? COVID-19: How Tier 4 has wrecked Christmas plans for families COVID-19: UK reports highest… Read full this story
- 'Health hubs' could reduce hospital waiting lists
- £30m to be spent on Northern Ireland hospital waiting lists
- Q&A: Why are Northern Ireland's health workers taking industrial action?
- 'I Wanted to Die': Northern Ireland Confronts a Suicide Crisis
- 10 great pubs, chosen by Santa and other Christmas workers
- Nurses in Northern Ireland are on strike. The DUP and Sinn Féin are to blame
- Mother of teenage Essex lorry victim, 19, weeps as she says a final goodbye to her daughter during her two-day funeral
- Boris Johnson urges voters to 'get Britain out of neutral' - as poll finds election battle has narrowed with just six days to go
- Christmas cards sent by the Queen and Prince Philip to married couple who worked at Balmoral reveal the changing face of the Royal Family over 25 years
- Yotam Ottolenghi’s alternative Christmas recipes
COVID 19: Northern Ireland reduces five-day Christmas bubbling to one day have 338 words, post on news.sky.com at December 21, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.