Britney Spears just got a fresh cut.
The pop superstar, 39, showed off her new tresses on Instagram, revealing tousled honey blonde locks which swept her shoulders.
‘Cut my hair!!!’ she shared in the caption, adding: ‘You know what they say …. out with the old …. in with the new !!!!! Now let us pray.’
Fresh tresses: Britney Spears debuted a new haircut on Instagram Wednesday
Britney looked stylish in the close ups, donning a cute floral top with sleekly blow-dried hair.
Though her locks were new, she went with her typical makeup look, rocking dark eyeliner with a hint of blush and lightly tinted lips.
Later in the day Britney shared a more sporty side of herself, posting a snap from a recent hike. Though dressed to sweat, she still looked great, donning a black crop top and white short-shorts.
‘Yes …. that’s me doing my waterfall hike walking on pipelines !!!!!!!’ she wrote. ‘PS …. don’t try this at home folks.’
Cut it out! Britney looked stylish in the close ups, donning a cute floral top with sleekly blow-dried hair
Take a hike! Later in the day Britney shared a more sporty side of herself, posting a snap from a recent hike
Britney is starting fresh after father Jaime Spears, 68, said that he has not spoken to his daughter for four-months.
‘I love my daughter and I miss her very much,’ the father of the singer told CNN in an interview published Tuesday.
‘When a family member needs special care and protection, families need to step up, as I have done for the last 12-plus years, to safeguard, protect and continue to love Britney unconditionally.
‘I have and will continue to provide unwavering love and fierce protection against those with self-serving interests and those who seek to harm her or my family.’
The latest: Britney Spears’ father Jaime said they haven’t spoken for four months amid a contentious conservatorship battle over her $60 million estate
Reflective: The Grammy-winning artist was seen in a recent selfie on Instagram
Jamie said he and the Grammy-winning pop star, 39, had remained on ‘good terms’ until her lawyer Samuel D. Ingham III – who he believes is responsible for the lack of communication – made legal moves to have him taken out of the head role of the conservatorship.
Last month, a Los Angeles court ruled that Bessemer Trust will join Jamie as co-conservator to the pop star’s fortune.
Jamie said his daughter has been swayed by ‘those with self-serving interests,’ adding to their silence.
Ingham told the court that Jaime Spears mishandled the Baby One More Time singer’s business affairs when he hired Miller Kaplan’s Michael Kane to be her business manager without giving her the chance to have any input on the decision.
Looking amazing: Spears was seen in an Instagram post last month
Court: Jamie has been her conservator since 2008 and stepped down from his role in September 2019 due to his health, with temporary conservatorship handed over to her care manager Jodi Montgomery, but he resumed his duties in January 2020 (pictured 2008)
Jaime’s lawyer Vivian Lee Thoreen countered that it ‘would have been a dereliction of Mr. Spears’ responsibility’ not to replace her outgoing manager, Lou Taylor; and that their camp offered a meeting between Kane and Ingham.
Ingham – who told the court Britney is ‘afraid’ of her father – has blocked Jamie’s access to his daughter, Thoreen told CNN.
‘Jamie’s relationship with Britney is not that different than your average father-daughter relationship insofar as there has always been a mutual love and respect for each other,’ Thoreen said.
‘Until Britney’s court-appointed attorney Sam Ingham abruptly instructed Jamie not to contact Britney a few months ago, Jamie and Britney had spoken often and regularly throughout the entire conservatorship.
‘In fact, they had spoken just the day before and had had a pleasant and collaborative conversation.’
At odds: Britney earlier this year asked the court to relieve Jamie (seen in 2008) as the co-conservator of her estate
An insider told CNN that Britney Spears is currently dealing with ‘ongoing challenges with her mental health,’ two months after Ingham said his pop star client lacked ‘the capacity to execute a verified declaration for any purpose in this case.’
Britney said last month she will no longer do concerts amid the current arrangement; last month, she released a deluxe edition of her 2016 record Glory, which includes a track featuring the Backstreet Boys.
Jamie has been her conservator since 2008 and stepped down from his role in September 2019 due to his health, with temporary conservatorship handed over to her care manager Jodi Montgomery, but he resumed his duties in January 2020.
In 2007, Britney famously shaved her head at a salon in Tarzana, California, which many believe to be just the beginning of a tragic spiral where she lost custody of her children.
She was placed under a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold in 2008 after being committed to the psychiatric ward at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, which spawned the need for a conservatorship by her father.
Love: She has been dating Sam Asghari for three years and has two children with her ex-husband Kevin Federline; seen in 2019
- Britney Spears takes 'me time' over dad Jamie's health
- Britney Spears 'released from mental health facility following treatment'
- Britney Spears’ mum fuels more fan fears by ‘liking’ post about claims star is being ‘imprisoned’ in rehab ‘indefinitely’
- Britney Spears' ex manager speaks out amid claims she's being 'held against her will'
- A Britney Spears musical is happening and it’s called ‘Once Upon A One More Time’
- How old is Britney Spears, what age are her sons, is she engaged to Sam Asghari and when did she shave her head?
- Britney Spears’ mum ‘likes’ comments saying star is being ‘held against her will’ in rehab
- Britney Spears' mum likes post alleging singer is 'held against her will' in mental facili
- Britney Spears' sister issues fierce warning to anyone mocking her mental health
- Britney Spears pictured leaving mental health facility today as boyfriend Sam Asghari picks her up following her release
- Britney Spears ‘admitted to mental health facility as she struggles to cope with dad’s colon and intestine illness’
- Britney Spears celebrates weight loss after 'stressful' few weeks
- Britney Spears to 'retire from showbiz for good' after checking into rehab
- Britney Spears in mental health 'me time'
- Britney Spears checks into mental health facility
- Fans rally behind Britney Spears as she checks herself into a mental health facility
- The weekend pop stars stayed overnight on a Cardiff council estate
- Kim Kardashian shows off new red hair while sucking on a lollipop after slamming Khloe rumours as ‘fake f***ing news’
- Britney 'enters mental health facility' and cancels gigs after shock family news
- Britney checks into mental health facility over worries about father
Britney Spears shows off new short hair 'do... after father Jamie claims it's been four months since he last spoke to the pop star have 1163 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.