There is a “risk of serious disruption and delay” at Channel crossings delivering the majority of the UK’s fresh food once the Brexit transition period expires at the end of the month, MPs have warned.The cross-party Commons Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has issued a final scathing report on Britain’s preparedness – and described Boris Johnson’s “oven-ready” deal as more of a “cold turkey”.The PAC has accused the government of “taking limited responsibility” for the nation’s preparedness as the clock ticks down towards the deadline. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Barnier: ‘Determination’ in Brexit talks “We remain extremely concerned about the risk of serious disruption and delay at the short Channel crossings,” the committee said, noting these routes are the delivery point for the majority of the country’s fresh food supplies.”Industry bodies have said that government has not provided key information needed by businesses to prepare, such as detailed guidance on how to apply for simplified customs procedures.” Advertisement British and EU negotiators have been continuing talks this week, although both sides have signalled there are still sticking points to be ironed out.With issues such as fishing and state aid still causing problems, leaders have warned… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Ten football clubs could go bust in weeks without urgent govt bailout, MP warns
- Germany wants to end travel warning for 31 European countries: report
- Germany wants to end travel warning for 31 European countries: Report
- ‘This Must End’: Lawmakers Warn Of ‘Attacks’ To Service Members’ Religious Liberty
- Anti-Cummings MP Pressures Boris to Delay Brexit After Eurocrat Makes Fresh Demand for Extension
- Opposition MPs led by Lib Dem leader Ed Davey write to EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier asking for an extension to Britain's leaving date despite Boris Johnson ruling it out
- Govt Source: More Border Force Boats in English Channel Will Encourage Illegal Migration
- Labour's Yvette Cooper Did Not Vote Against Tory Immigration Bill in 'Cross-Party Spirit'
- EXCLUSIVE: Senior Tory MP fears Boris Johnson has ‘lost his edge' and is not fully recovered after coronavirus - and warns he needs to be worried about 'savvy' Sir Keir Starmer
- Seminole Gulf Railway Crossing In Manatee Reopens
Brexit:'Risk of serious disruption' at Channel crossings after transition period ends, MPs warn have 368 words, post on news.sky.com at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.