A BOY aged three was saved by his uncle’s hug in a car crash that killed both his parents.
The hero wrapped his arms tight around his toddler nephew at the moment of impact, according to reports in Brazil.
Thiago Alves, 28, and wife Giovanna Gabrielle, 21, were both killed when their car crashed into a pole.
The couple’s three-year-old son and Thiago’s unnamed half-brother, 21, were in the back.
As the car skidded out of control, the uncle used his body to shield the youngster, according to reports.
They both survived the smash, and staggered out of the wreckage.
The uncle was able to phone for help before collapsing from his injuries.
He was not named in reports but was hailed a hero by another of Thiago’s brothers, warehouse assistant Andrew da Silva Oliveira, 20.
He told local media: “He said that at the time of the accident, he hugged him to protect him and he managed to get out of the car with him shortly after the car hit the pole.
“He asked for help and fainted straight away, only waking up in hospital.
“They survived and it was a miracle that they escaped such a serious accident.
“Even the fire brigade told us so. Even though my nephew’s uncle is quite badly hurt.”
According to Andrew, the child has been asking for his father but does not yet know his parents are dead.
He added: “Thiago was pure joy. Wherever he went he made everyone smile.
“He was an excellent father, an exemplary son, and the best brother we could ever have had.
“He had ten siblings, and he was everyone’s joy.
“And Giovanna was a loving daughter, dedicated mother, wife and companion.
“From now on, we will learn to deal with his absence. All the siblings had daily contact with him, so an empty space will remain in our lives.”
Most read in News
Amazon delivery driver busted stealing packages just DAYS before Xmas
Brits slam C4’s fake Queen’s speech which shows her dance & joke about Megxit
PM’s life-and-death decisions over Covid ‘would’ve troubled King Solomon’
Ex-MoD UFO investigator lifts lid on UK’s most famous ‘alien encounter’
NO MORE BRUSSELS
PM secured Xmas Brexit deal hours after warning Brussels ‘I won’t sign it’
MINUTES TO FLEE
Moment bomb explodes in Nashville after van ‘played warning countdown’
The couple had just been approved for a loan to buy a house, relatives said.
They had already chosen their new home and were due to sign the purchase documents this week.
But they crashed while travelling from Sao Vicente to the neighbouring municipality of Santos.
- 4 Killed and 47 Injured After Car Crashes Into Spectators at an Oklahoma Homecoming Parade
- 'I held his hand and told him to hold on': Woman reveals desperate battle to save life of schoolboy Harley Watson, 12, after finding him dying in the road after 'deliberate hit and run' outside his school
- Brandia Irvin Killing; Hallmark Holiday Heroes; Mini-Horse Saved
- 'Devastated' family pay tribute to 'lovely' schoolboy Harley Watson after the 12-year-old was killed in horror hit-and-run outside his school in Essex
- Heathrow crash: First picture of BA flight attendant, 20, killed weeks into job
- Hero firefighter killed by a falling tree while battling a blaze was a veteran with 40 years' experience - and leaves behind a broken wife and two kids
- 'I'm not finished': Gary Busey refuses to end rambling speech after being eliminated from DWTS... while Nick Carter busts a move to a Backstreet Boys song
- Mother-of-three firefighter, 33, is shot and killed on Thanksgiving trying to shield her five-year-old son from stray bullets fired by gunman targeting apartment next door
- PC Andrew Harper’s widow posts moving tribute saying it feels like he could ‘turn up any moment’ as teen admits killing
- Parents are left fuming after their FIVE-year-old son is expelled from school for 'violent behaviour'
- American boy, 13, is killed and his parents and another child are injured after gunmen opened fire on their SUV as they drove home along high-risk highway controlled by drug cartels in Mexico
- 5 things we learned from Waymo’s big self-driving car report
- Newlywed cop dragged to death by car told wife: ‘Life is slippery… take my hand’ in poignant wedding day message
- Gamer having seizure saved by online friend 5,000 miles away
- Moment ‘boy racer’ slams couple’s car into a ditch leaving victim with ‘broken back’ and trapped in flipped VW Golf
- Victorian bushfires official death toll rises to three as authorities confirm car accident was fire-related
- Police officer girlfriend of hero cop was sent to machete attack not realising he had been stabbed – and says she’s ‘heartbroken’
- The Man Who Was Almost Killed by
- Social media obsessed teen who ‘killed herself’ thought she ‘wasn’t good enough unless she was getting likes’
- Father of twin boys slaughtered in Jeremy Bamber's killing spree reveals how he was robbed of his dead sons' milk teeth he kept as a memento after they were used as evidence in the mass murderer's appeal against his conviction
Boy, 3, saved by hero uncle’s hug as he shielded him from car crash that killed both his parents have 839 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 10, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.