Kia Motors is said to be working on an all-new MPV for the Indian market. The all-new Kia MPV is expected to be made available in the Indian market only by early-2022. Once introduced, it will be positioned below the Carnival in the brand’s MPV lineup.
Note: Kia Carnival Images used for representational purposes only.
According to reports from Autocar India , the all-new Kia MPV will be positioned in the mid-size MPV segment, with dimensions expected to be similar to that of the Mahindra Marazzo.
The new Kia MPV is expected to be around 4500mm in length, putting it in between the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the Toyota Innova Crysta. Also, like its rivals, the new Kia MPV too will come with a seven-seater configuration.
In terms of design, the new MPV will carry forward Kia Motors sharp and sporty design lines. It will also feature the brand’s signature 'tiger-nose’ grille at the front. We also expect the new MPV to feature sleek LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LED tail lights and plenty of other styling elements all around.
Like its current siblings, the new Kia MPV too is expected to feature a premium cabin space, packed with a host of features and equipment, along with the brand’s UVO connected technology.
It could also carry forward other features from the Seltos, such as the large touchscreen infotainment system, ventilated seats, wireless charging, BOSE sound system, multiple driving modes, ambient lighting, cruise control and many others.
The new MPV is also expected to be offered in both petrol and diesel engine options. These will most likely include the same 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units, which power the brand’s Seltos SUV model. Both the 1.5-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel produce 115bhp of power output. Along with this, the new MPV could come with multiple transmission options as well.
Thoughts On The All-New Kia MPV Coming To India
Kia Motors India is said to be working on an all-new MPV for the market. The company will be hoping to recreate the same level of success with the MPV, as its SUVs have done since its entry in the Indian market back in 2019.
- Maruti Suzuki MD Kenichi Ayukawa awarded Best CEO by Forbes India
- Top-level executive at Maruti Suzuki Quits
- XL6 MPV sells over 25,000 units in one year, claims Maruti Suzuki
- Maruti Suzuki launches limited edition of Ertiga
- Maruti Suzuki steps on an aggressive action plan
- Maruti Suzuki reaches 20 million passenger vehicle sales milestone
- Maruti Suzuki re-appoints Kenichi Ayukawa as MD & CEO
- Maruti Suzuki to serve up a new S-Presso for the first time car buyer this festive season
- Boosted by Suzuki, Toyota plans India blitz with a dozen models
- Mahindra Marazzo BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.25 Lakh
- This week in Auto: Is this the end of the road for Harley Davidson in India?
- Suzuki to intensify product development in India: Toshihiro Suzuki
- Manohar Bhat joins Kia Motors Co as sales & marketing head for India operations
- Kia Motors India names Manohar Bhat as Head Marketing, Sales
- New-Generation Maruti Celerio Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All The Details!
- Asahi India Glass to invest Rs 500-crore in new Gujarat Plant
- Maruti's Swift fastest to reach 1 lakh sales milestone in 145 days
- 2020 Honda Jazz Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch: Will Rival The Tata Altroz
- Hyundai Motor India seeks long term clarity in electrification of fleet for shared mobility providers
- Kia Sonet Compact-SUV Pre-Launch Bookings Begins: Here Are All The Details
All-New Kia MPV Under Development For India: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga have 762 words, post on www.drivespark.com at December 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.