SYDNEY – Tough New Year’s Eve restrictions are being put in place as Australia’s biggest city struggles to contain growing coronavirus clusters. Sydney’s COVID-19 outbreak has been described by health officials as “a bit of a roller coaster ride.” Australia’s biggest city accounts for most of the estimated 204 active infections across the country. Parts of its northern coastal suburbs, where a cluster of cases emerged about two weeks ago, remain in lockdown. Infections have been detected in other parts of the city. The authorities have banned large gatherings on New Year’s Eve to “avoid super spreading events.” Sydney’s famous fireworks display will go ahead, but crowds won’t be allowed to gather around the harbor to watch. Gatherings have been limited, and visits to nursing homes banned for at least a week to try to curb the spread of the virus. “Please, the last thing we want is to welcome in 2021 with a super-spreading event,” said New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian. “2021, all of us are hoping, will be easier on us than 2020 and let us start the year off on a positive foot by doing the right thing, by respecting the restrictions that are in place,… Read full this story
- Worse than Greece: Dire state of the Australian economy is laid bare in alarming report that finds it will soon be weaker than the struggling European country
- Chest Infection Symptoms
- Home Remedy - Yeast Infection
- Natural Vaginal Yeast Infection Relief
- Candida Natural Remedies - Natural Treatments For Yeast Infection
- Yeast Infection Remedies - 3 Proven Natural Ways to Get Rid of the Menace
- Can Pedicures Cause Infection?
- Brown Vaginal Discharge - If It's Not Genital Warts Then What Vaginal Infection is Causing This?
- Vaginal Discharge and Yeast Infections
- ADHD Medication - Another Alarming Side Effect Confirmed in Study
Alarm in Australia as COVID-19 Infections Grow have 296 words, post on www.voanews.com at December 31, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.