JANET Yellen is expected to become treasury secretary for Joe Biden. The New York-born Yellen will make history when she serves in the next administration beginning in January. Who is Janet Yellen? Yellen would be the first woman to lead the Treasury Department and was also the first woman to be Fed chair, from 2014 to 2018. She became an adviser to Biden’s campaign after leaving the Fed. She also became a distinguished fellow in residence at the liberal Brookings Institution in Washington. During her tenure as Fed chair, the central bank began shifting much of its policy focus from fighting inflation to trying to maximize employment. She made many visits to employment training centers to spotlight the need for programs to equip people for good jobs. Yellen graduated summa cum laude from Brown University with a degree in economics in 1967, and received her PhD in economics from Yale in 1971. She was born on August 13, 1946, and grew up in Brooklyn. What is the treasury secretary’s job? Yellen would represent the Biden administration in global financial affairs and lead a department whose responsibilities range from the government’s finances and tax collections to global currency markets, bank regulation… Read full this story
- Biden names Janet Yellen as his Treasury nominee
- Biden's Treasury pick will have lengthy to-do list on taxes
- Dem Supporters Blast 'Misogynistic' Criticism of Janet Yellen Speaking Fees: 'How Much Should Women Make?'
- Joe Biden Cabinet Pick Janet Yellen Made Millions from Big Banks that Lobby Treasury Department
- Biden’s pick to lead Treasury, Janet Yellen, made over $7 million in speaking fees
- Janet Yellen made millions giving speeches to Wall Street banks she'll soon regulate
- Biden picks Rhode Island Gov. Raimondo as commerce secretary
- Biden’s pick to lead Treasury made over $7 million in speaking fees
- Biden transition says more than half of 100 WH aides are people of color
- Biden's pick to lead Treasury made over $7M in speaking fees
Who is Janet Yellen? Biden’s pick for treasury secretary have 321 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.