Britain has recorded 341 deaths from coronavirus – a 26 per cent drop on last week’s 462 deaths as the number of cases also fell dramatically from 26,860 last Saturday to 19,875 today. Some 1,682 people with coronavirus were admitted to hospital, according to today’s figures, as it has been suggested quarantine times for contacts of Covid-19 cases could be halved to just a week or eliminated entirely under a pilot testing trial. The figures mark a drop from yesterday’s data which showed a daily rise in cases of 20,252 cases and 511 deaths. Rapid tests which can give results in just 15 minutes will be handed to emergency workers in Liverpool next week to ensure that if one tests positive the rest of their team will not have to self-isolate. In today’s figures, patients who died of coronavirus in England were aged between 28 and 102. All except five, aged between 64 and 96, had known underlying health conditions and the deaths occured between June 3 and November 20. It comes as rapid tests will be given to contacts of people infected with the virus who have been stuck at home for more than seven days, with those who get… Read full this story
- Empty state-of-the-art hospital in the heart of Liverpool costs £500,000 a MONTH to run even though it is not expected to open until the end of next year
- Records continue to tumble at Billown
- What’s Driving the Massive Surge in Traffic Deaths?
- 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan (UK‑Spec)
- Mayor of hurricane-devastated New Bern gets special offer from Panthers coach
- McCloskey is revelling in his new role at the Kingspan
- FIFA 19 out now: New features, Ultimate Team, player ratings, cost to buy & more!
- James Anderson seals England Oval victory, and top pace bowler record, before hugging best mate Alastair Cook
- James Anderson seals England Oval victory with record-breaking wicket in Alastair Cook's final Test
- Forensic psychologist describes how she recognised the cycle of abuse in the case of a woman who bludgeoned her husband to death - and wrote a report which revealed how she had been ‘easy prey for a controlling man’
UK records 341 new Covid hospital deaths – down 121 on last Saturday – as new daily infections plummet by more than a QUARTER to 19,875 have 338 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 21, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.