Twitter is relaunching its verification system, and is seeking public feedback on its new policy ahead of the launch itself in 2021.Verified accounts on Twitter receive a blue tick next to their name, establishing that the user is who they claim to be.The social media platform put a temporary hold on its general verifications two years ago following complaints about its ‘blue ticks’ lending gravitas to controversial figures.The move to pause verifications came after an outcry over Twitter putting a coveted blue tick next to the account of alt-right activist Jason Kessler, who organised the rally attended by white supremacists in Charlottesville in August.Twitter said it will focus on verifying six types of accounts initially: those of government officials; companies, brands and non-profit organisations; news; entertainment; sports; and activists, organisers and other “influential individuals”. Advertisement The company uses blue verified badges and account labels to distinguish “notable, authentic accounts on Twitter” and this year has verified medical experts tweeting about COVID-19, and added labels to identify candidates running for office.According to the new proposed policy, “the blue verified badge on Twitter lets people know that an account of public interest is authentic” and does not indicate that Twitter endorses their… Read full this story
- Did outing Charlottesville's white supremacists just make them more committed?
- Warren, O'Rourke Label Trump a 'White Supremacist'
- Hours after 'condemning' white supremacists, Trump retweets 'Pizzagate' conspiracy theorist
- Twitter says no blue check marks for you, white nationalists
- White supremacists sentenced to death for murdering fellow Beaumont prison inmate
- Twitter, search robots get welcomes from Obama White House
- Daniel Radcliffe plays an undercover white supremacist in thriller 'Imperium'
- Sicko Left-wing Americans take to the Twitter sewer to mock Vanessa Trump after white powder letter scare
- Former KKK Leader David Duke To Hold White Nationalist Rally in Tennessee
- The CDC May Have Ruined Poppyseed Muffins Forever With Gross Tick Photo
Twitter to relaunch 'blue tick' verifications after pausing process over white supremacist controversy have 316 words, post on news.sky.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.