TOPSHOP boss Sir Philip Green is reportedly planning a lavish £30,000-a-night Christmas getaway while 13,000 of his staff face the sack. As his Arcadia retail empire faces collapse, the 68-year-old tycoon is said to be heading to an exclusive resort in the Maldives to relax over the festive break. The luxury trip, as reported by The Mirror, is rumoured to include a stay at the One & Only Reethi Rah resort, where some villas cost £30,000 a night and lead straight into the Indian Ocean. Previous A-list guests include Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich and Hollywood stars Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe. David Beckham once reportedly splashed out £250,000 on an 11-night festive stay. It’s a slightly less sunny horizon for workers within his retail empire, which could be plunged into administration as early as Monday.Arcadia Group – which owns Topshop, Burton, Miss Selfridge and Dorothy Perkins – is preparing to appoint administrators next week, reports Sky News. The collapse could put 13,000 jobs at risk as thousands fear an uncertain future. A former worker of BHS, department store once owned by Green before it collapsed in a scandal, said reports of the luxury holiday would not go down well…. Read full this story
- Gotham Greens plans 100,000-square-foot greenhouse at Tradepoint Atlantic
- Simon English: Who’s the worst Philip Green that ever you’ve seen?
- Archbishop Philip Wilson, Guilty of Child Sex Abuse Cover Up, Faces Two Years in Prison
- Fury as Sainsbury's staff 'face £3,000 pay cut' under new scheme
- Pompey boss reveals squad plans
- The Star of Bethnal Green plans bank holiday street party to mark 10 year anniversary
- Kano Underage Voter Scandal: INEC Boss Hides Report, Plans Stoppage Of Voter Registration Exercise
- N.J. school bus accident: Memorial service planned, state flags to fly half-staff
- New Tate & Lyle boss sets out plan to boost growth and drive £75m in savings
- Carillion bosses 'stuffing mouths with gold' before thousands lost their jobs
Topshop boss Philip Green ‘plans £30k-a-night Christmas getaway’ while 13,000 staff face the sack from collapsing empire have 319 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 28, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.