The Weeknd has accused the Grammys of being “corrupt” after being snubbed for the 2020 awards despite a stellar year.Following the release of his hit album After Hours and the ubiquitous single Blinding Lights, which broke the record for the longest-running top five hit in US chart history, the Canadian star was predicted to feature in at least one or two categories.However, the 30-year-old failed to pick up a single nomination for the awards, for which Beyonce is the frontrunner after being shortlisted in nine categories, including song and album of the year.”The Grammys remain corrupt,” The Weeknd tweeted after the nominations were announced. “You owe me, my fans and the industry transparency…”According to Rolling Stone, a “source close to the situation” alleges the snub follows weeks of discussions about the star possibly performing at the ceremony in January and a “struggle” over him also playing the Super Bowl. Advertisement The criticism comes less than a year after the Recording Academy’s ousted chief executive accused the group that determines nominations in the top categories of having conflicts of interest and not engaging in a transparent selection process.Harvey Mason Jr, interim president and chief executive, released a statement following The Weeknd’s… Read full this story
- GOP Lawmaker Asks Trump to Pardon Ex-Congressman, Calls DOJ 'Corrupt and Inept'
- Fiona Apple slams Grammys hypocrisy for nominating Dr. Luke after Kesha's sexual abuse allegations
- Fiona Apple Calls Dr. Luke’s Grammy Nomination ‘Bullshit’
- 63rd GRAMMY Awards 2021 Nominations: Taylor Swift, BTS, Dua Lipa earn nominations
- Beyoncé Leads the 2021 Grammy Nominations
- Trump calls Georgia's Republican Governor Brian Kemp a 'clown' and demands he hold a special session on ballot signatures to avoid a 'bad day' for GOP Senators in the state's run-off election
- Biden tears into Trump for refusing to accept the 'will of the people', calls his 'extreme' fraud claims an 'assault on democracy', says he won by a landslide and tells US 'it's time to turn the page'
- Chris Christie calls Trump's election fraud claims an 'absurdity' and slams the president for still refusing to concede
- Biggest Grammys 2021 snubs: Fans rage as Harry Styles, The Weeknd and BTS miss out
- Trump-supporting rapper Lil Wayne fumes as he's 'not involved nor invited' to upcoming Grammys
The Weeknd calls the Grammys 'corrupt' after nominations snub have 376 words, post on news.sky.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.