Australia is set to swelter through temperatures of up to 50C as a 4,500km band of extreme heat stretches from Broome in Western Australia to the other side of the country in Canberra. The mercury has already begun rising in the country’s north, and the heat is forecast to extend into central Australia and the east coast on Wednesday. It will become hotter and more widespread by Friday with temperatures predicted to reach 45C in parts of South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales. Inland regions will sweat through six straight days of temperatures above 40C. Pictured: weather map for Saturday at 5pm Temperatures are forecast to reach 45C in parts of South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales later this week (pictured: beachgoers enjoy the hot weather at Coggee Beach on Sunday) South-eastern cities will feel the burn, with Sydney and Adelaide’s CBD tipped to hit 40C, while Sydney’s west will soar well into the 40s throughout the weekend. ‘There’s a big build-up of heat in a belt stretching from Broome to Canberra. Once we get to Thursday that will start to kick in across the south and east and peak on the weekend,’ Dr James Goldie from Monash… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Says 'We Need' Global Warming as Extreme Cold Weather Approaches the Midwest
- Mohiussunnath Chowdhury: 'Extremely dangerous' jihadist guilty of plotting terror attack on Gay Pride parade
- Large Puddles On Highway 101 In San Jose Creating Dangerous Driving Conditions
- Elon Musk on batteries for Australia: “Installed in 100 days or it is free”
- CDOT asks workers to leave early to avoid icy roads, dangerous driving conditions
- Kobe Bryant: See Photo of Helicopter Flying in Cloudy Weather Condition Moments Before Crash
- Teenager's heartbreaking condition sees her pull out hair 100 times every day
- Dangerous weather causes arctic plunge as rivers rise in 9 states
- Hail, floods, dust hit Australia amid raging wildfires
- Australia fires: Storms wreak damage but bushfires 'far from over'
The heatwave from hell: Extremely 'dangerous' weather conditions stretch 4,500km from Broome to Canberra - as Australia prepares to swelter through 50C days have 326 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.