The Crown could be in danger of misleading fans, leading viewers to mistaking the shows fictitious events for fact, the culture secretary has warned.Oliver Dowden, secretary of state for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), has praised the smash hit Netflix show as a “beautifully produced work of fiction”, but wants the streaming giant to add a disclaimer at the beginning of each episode.Mr Dowden is particularly worried that younger viewers, who are unfamiliar with historical events involving the Royal Family, could mistake the show for real life. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player The Crown: ‘We set out to tell Charles and Diana’s unbiased story’ He told the Mail on Sunday: “It’s a beautifully produced work of fiction, so as with other TV productions, Netflix should be very clear at the beginning it is just that.”Without this, I fear a generation of viewers who did not live through these events may mistake fiction for fact.” Advertisement The show, which is in its fourth season, is centred around the Royal Family, and uses its members and events as inspiration for the story.Emma Corrin, who plays Princess Diana in the latest series, told Sky News previously that… Read full this story
- Plans for the world's first online PORN ban to stop teenagers accessing adult videos and images are DROPPED by Culture Secretary Nicky Morgan after months of delays and warnings that it would not work
- For Culture You Want Cheap Holiday Deals to Rethymnon
- Examples of Affirmations - Learn a Simple Way to Write Powerful Affirmations Starting Today
- Soon, Netflix to release a series on Hindu Gods
- The Truth About Positive Affirmations
- Affirmation Music Will Transform You
- Health Affirmations - 3 Opportunities For Success
- Affirmations 101, FAQS - How Do I Get Started With Affirmations?
- How to Install Crown Molding
- Reduce Your ANTS and Improve Your Affirmations
The Crown: Culture secretary wants Netflix to affirm the show is fictitious have 314 words, post on news.sky.com at November 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.