PFIZER’S coronavirus vaccine means that “life will return to normal by spring”, a Government scientist has today claimed. Sir John Bell, professor of medicine at Oxford University, said that other vaccines were now likely to become available in the near future. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates The immunologist, who is also a member of the Government’s vaccine taskforce, was speaking after Pfizer published interim findings which found their jab to be 90 per cent effective. He told BBC Radio 4’s The World at One: “I am really delighted with this result – it shows that you can make a vaccine against this little critter. “Ninety percent is an amazing level of efficacy.”It rolls the pitch for other vaccines because I can’t see any reason now why we shouldn’t have a handful of good vaccines.” When asked, ‘Will life return to normal by spring?’, Prof Bell added: “Yes, yes, yes. I am probably the first guy to say that but I will say that with some confidence.” Prof Chris Whitty, England’s Chief Medical Officer, said news was reason to feel optimistic. He tweeted: “Preliminary news that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is effective demonstrates the power of… Read full this story
- Nigeria: There Is No Faction in Our Party, Says APC
- South Africa: 'I Have No Intention to Live a Life of a Fugitive'
- In a golf paradise, investors say a golf cart salesman took them for a financial ride
- What the Apple-Qualcomm battle means for your next iPhone
- Miami is free of locally transmitted Zika virus, governor says
- Apple and Qualcomm settle: Here's what the battle means for your next iPhone
- Apple and Qualcomm settle: Here's what it means for your next iPhone
- An outside firm is investigating a camera that was in the Palm Springs mayor's office. Here's why
- Life in Trump Cabinet: Perks, pestering, putdowns
- Life in Trump’s Cabinet: Putdowns, perks and power
Pfizer’s Covid vaccine breakthrough means ‘life will return to normal by spring’, says Govt adviser have 316 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 9, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.