Recently, I’ve felt my life measured out in emptying coffee grounds from the day before’s pot. What’s going on today? Ah yes, the coffee pot needs cleaning out. Again. It’s the dead hand of repetition that has floored me in Lockdown 2, the inability to shake things up and go out and find something new. And then – ta da! – comes news that not one, but three vaccines are going to be available. A thoroughly unscientific multi-generational poll shows more than 50 per cent of those I asked about this would not take the vaccine. At least, not yet. Maybe not at all And, for those not spooked by those developed in China and Russia, there will be more. Although these can’t wipe out the virus, they will immunise against the severity of the disease just like the regular flu jab. So we can return to a previous world, one that now seems like Shangri-La, where we can meet each other, hug our family, go to concerts and theatres, eat in restaurants, work in offices. I had imagined that most people would feel as excited as me. There are many subjects where I may take a perverse stance – whether… Read full this story
- Giorgio Armani offers boy-girl fall look in Milan
- Today, This Syrian Boy Is A Symbol Of Aleppo's Suffering. Will He Matter Tomorrow?
- PHOTOS: A look inside the massive space that will become Apple’s $2 billion ‘data command center’
- What fictional characters should face off in their own civil war?
- Former Delta Force officer reveals 12 leadership lessons he learned in one of the US military’s most elite forces
- Keyland is charging ahead
- The 25 most successful ‘Saturday Night Live’ alumni
- Tony Curtis obituary
- [NEW UPDATE] William Yau Inquest: The Court Has Decided
- Twin Sisters Who Were Separated Since 1936 Finally Met Each Other On 1 May 2014
Now pull on those big-boy pants – and get that jab, writes ALEXANDRA SHULMAN have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.