THE Culture Secretary has warned that The Crown “is fiction” and should not be mistaken as fact, as concerns for the Netflix show’s potential lasting damage deepen. Oliver Dowden praised the royal drama as a “beautifully produced work of fiction”, but said viewers could be in danger of mistaking it for fact without a warning at the beginning of each episode. Mr Dowden told the Mail on Sunday: “It’s a beautifully produced work of fiction, so as with other TV productions, Netflix should be very clear at the beginning it is just that. “Without this, I fear a generation of viewers who did not live through these events may mistake fiction for fact.” The warning comes amid rumours the Netflix show, which has been confirmed for seasons five and six, could be extended to show Princes William and Harry as adults. Finding Freedom author, Omid Scobie, said he’s heard “rumblings” Netflix are considering extending the run past Princess Diana’s tragic death in 1997, speaking on his podcast Heirpod.Omid said: “I think originally it was reported that it would stop before William and Harry become adults, I’ve certainly heard there is talk within Netflix about the possibility that the show might… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle Father Compares 'Cult' Royal Family to 'Scientologists or the Stepford Family'
- Mark your calendars! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set date for royal wedding
- The Latest: Floods destroy campsite, restaurants in France
- Meghan Markle will struggle with royal life, warns Diana's butler: 'She should be careful what she wishes for'
- Meghan Markle's dad says royal family is 'cult-like': They are ‘like Scientologists or the Stepford family'
- GOP consultant Cheryl Jacobus claims Trump campaign 'destroyed' her reputation, career in $4M defamation suit
- Christmas with the royals! How Meghan Markle will break tradition this year
- Watch Meghan Markle as a 'Deal or No Deal' case model once upon a time
- Meghan Markle: 'Suits' ratings continue downward trend without Duchess of Sussex
- Meghan Markle look-alike is excited for royal wedding
Meghan & Harry latest – The Crown ‘could DESTROY royals’ reputation forever unless Netflix admits it’s fiction’ have 337 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.