Distrusted by the incoming US President and despised in many European capitals, isolated Boris Johnson is Nobby No Mates. Rational Joe Biden will ultimately prove good for Britain and the world, as well as America, after Donald Trump’s alliance-smashing mayhem. Yet there can be nothing special about the PM’s relationship with Washington’s new leader. Short-sighted, egotistical Johnson is already basking in Biden’s description of him as “Britain’s Trump”. It was not meant as a compliment. The new President knows he has to heal his fractured country. But that healing sentiment is unlikely to extend to Johnson, who a Biden ally described as a “shapeshifting creep” following past racist digs at Barack Obama. And Vice President Kamala Harris, who has family roots in India and Jamaica, is reported to hate Johnson even more than Biden does. Which leaves the Prime Minister an international liability, a forlorn figure eroding British influence. The Biden-Johnson relationship is starting on the rockiest terms since Major-Clinton back in 1993. It means there will be no reset of the special relationship until No10 has a new tenant. Only then will serious trade talks, military co-operation and joint action on climate change be possible. Biden’s pride in his… Read full this story
- Could Boris Johnson come back as Britain's next prime minister?
- Trump's Favorite British Politician Boris Johnson in Trouble After Comparing Burka-wearing Muslim Women to Letterboxes
- Chiefs fans wanted Larry Johnson gone. Now they want his autograph
- British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson visits Russia amid strain in ties
- This Is What Human Rights Activists In Russia Told Boris Johnson
- Boris Johnson won't seek to become U.K. Conservative Party leader, prime minister
- Cher trashes new UK foreign secretary Boris Johnson as 'f-ing idiot who lied'
- Britain will not pay 'a penny more' than it thinks right to leave EU: Boris Johnson
- UK's Boris Johnson refuses to apologize after saying Muslim women in burqas look like 'bank robbers'
- Boris Johnson And Russia’s Foreign Minister Just Had An Extraordinary Public Bust-Up
Kevin Maguire: Special relationship can't reset until Nobby No Mates Boris Johnson is gone have 338 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 9, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.