Vice President-elect Kamala Harris stopped by the DC Central Kitchen on Wednesday to thank volunteers as they prepare Thanksgiving meals. During the visit, her husband Doug Emhoff revealed food insecurity will be one of his top issues when he serves as second gentleman. Harris and Emhoff paid a brief visit to the Washington D.C. nonprofit, which provides healthy meals to local families and trains low-income people with the culinary skills needed to work in restaurants. Mike Curtin, the CEO of DC Central Kitchen, said the group expects to serve 10,000 meals on Thanksgiving Day and noted the coronavirus pandemic has increased the need for food among the city’s low-income population. An additional 100 million people or more could be facing starvation this year, as the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic downturn, according to the United Nations. Harris brought cookies from Dog Tag Bakery – a DC bakery that is known for hiring veterans – as thank you to the volunteers, who were already hard at work for the holiday preparations. Vice President-elect Kamala Harris and Doug Emhoff thanked volunteers at DC Central Kitchen, where they were met by CEO Mike Curtin and Chef Jose Andres Harris and Emhoff brought cookies… Read full this story
- Kamala Harris Campaign Cuts Staff, Salaries in Preparation for Iowa Caucus
- Kamala Harris Says If She’s Elected President, She Will Ban AR-15-Style Guns, the Weapon of Choice in Mass Shootings
- Animal Rights Protestor Steals Microphone from Kamala Harris
- Kamala Harris’ Student Debt Forgiveness Plan Is … Complicated
- Joe Biden Downplays Infamous 1994 Crime Bill, But Kamala Harris Isn't Here For It
- Kamala Harris Promises Her 2020 Administration Will Combat 'Hate,' Hold Social Media Platforms 'Accountable'
- Among Democratic 2020 Hopefuls, Kamala Harris Is Pulling in the Most Money From Big-Dollar Donors in Communities of Color
- Kamala Harris is fighting with Donald Trump Jr. on Twitter
- Kamala Harris Campaign Staffer Wears Cory Booker Costume for Halloween
- Senator Kamala Harris Slammed for Defending the Existence of ICE (VIDEO)
Kamala Harris visits crisis kitchen as it prepares 10,000 Thanksgiving meals and second gentleman Doug Emhoff reveals 'food insecurity' will be one of his issues have 325 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.