The mother of a Coronation Street actress has spoken about the emotional moment in which she burst into a care home and hugged her dementia-stricken mother for the first time in nine months – leading police to arrest her. Ylenia Angeli, 73, was detained by police on suspicion of assault yesterday after trying to take her 97-year-old mother Tina Thornborough out of a care facility and bring her home before lockdown. She was later filmed in the back of the police care by her actress daughter Leandra Ashton – who starred in the ITV soap Coronation Street in 2016. In an emotional interview with This Morning today, the pair spoke about the incident, with Mrs Angeli – a retired nurse – saying she ‘couldn’t bear’ to be apart from her mother any longer. Speaking on the ITV show, she said: ‘I saw my mother through the window and it broke my heart. I just wanted to hold her and tell her that I love her. ‘I requested to see her in person and we were taken out into the court yard and I was told my request was denied. ‘I couldn’t bear it for one moment longer. I had a bunch of flowers… Read full this story
- Magical moment a four-year-old climbs into the birthing pool to help her mother deliver her little brother - and even holds his hand as he's born
- Daily 'oil pulling', Taekwondo and sweet potato chips: Fitness coach Tiffiny Hall's 61-year-old mother shares the secrets behind her rock-hard abs
- 'Our hearts are shattered into more than a million pieces': Larissa Bielby's 'utterly destroyed' family confirm their 16-year-old girl is dead - as her boyfriend, 34, is expected to be charged with murder
- Mother reveals how she came to forgive the drunk driver who killed her son, 25, in a car crash eight years ago - and says she now loves the woman 'like a daughter'
- Mother, 26, dies following two-year battle with rare form of kidney cancer as heart-breaking tributes praise her as the 'biggest inspiration'
- 'My brave little girl beat cancer but then she was killed by infected water at hospital': Heartbroken mother of 10-year-old accuses health chief of a 'cover-up'
- Tough crowd! Stormzy gets told off for SWEARING by seven-year-olds at his old primary school - as cheeky pupils ask him: 'Who do you want to snog?' (And Nicki Minaj is the answer)
- Revealed: The two-year-old boy called Zack whose mother joked with Boris Johnson he was PM's 'love child' on BBC's Brexit documentary
- EXCLUSIVE: Mel B's ex-husband says their eight-year-old daughter is SCARED of her own mother and fears the Spice Girl will hurt her if she travels to England for Christmas
- How to save $20k in 18 MONTHS: The simple saving tricks 19-year-old student uses to boost her bank account - and still managed to enjoy an overseas holiday and a social life
'I just wanted to hold her and tell her that I love her’: Corrie actress's retired nurse mother reveals moment she tried to take her 97-year-old dementia-hit mum out of her care home - but was arrested by police have 467 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.