A new film starring Harry Styles has reportedly been plunged into chaos after a crew member tested postitive for Covid-19, causing production to ground to a halt.
Hours before the apparent positive test, the singer and actor, 26, was spotted arriving on the set of the Olivia Wilde-helmed Don’t Worry, Darling on Wednesday.
His co-star Chris Pine, 40, was also spotted sipping a coffee on set as he reported for filming, before shooting was ‘called off’ for safety reasons.
Paused: A new film starring Harry Styles has reportedly been plunged into chaos after crew member tested postitive for Covid-19 causing production to ground to a halt
The stars, including Harry, Chris and Florence Pugh have been apparently been asked to quarantine as a safety precaution.
Deadline has reported that New Line paused filming when a positive test came up during routine testing, one of several precautions in place.
Although a source said that it wasn’t anyone from the principal cast that tested positive, it was someone who came in close contact with them, which made the temporary lockdown necessary.
The insider claimed everyone on set immediately isolated, and nobody else has tested positive yet, as production halts for the required 14 days.
Stylish as ever: Hours before the apparent news of the test, the singer and actor, 26, was spotted arriving on the set of Olivia Wilde-helmed Don’t Worry, Darling on Wednesday
Arrivals: His co-star Chris Pine, 40, was also spotted sipping a coffee on set as he reported for filming, before shooting was ‘called off’ for safety reasons
Harry signed on for his sophomore film back in September, joining the talented ensemble which includes Florence Pugh and KiKi Layne.
The Dunkirk actor arrived on the set of the psychological thriller in Downtown Los Angeles in a muted yellow button-down shirt with white linen pants cuffed at the ankle, over a pair of dirty white sneakers.
He wore his hair handsomely coiffed with a pair of black wayfarer sunglasses and a grey face mask.
Star power: The Star Trek star styled his look with a tan suede jacket, while accessorising with a gold chain necklace and a pair of Ray Ban shades
On set: The Dunkirk actor arrived on the set of the psychological thriller in Downtown Los Angeles in a muted yellow button-down shirt with white linen pants cuffed at the ankle, over a pair of dirty white sneakers
Meanwhile, Chris also sported a stylish low-key look as he rocked a white T-shirt and a pair of rolled over blue jeans with white Birkenstocks.
The Star Trek star styled his look with a tan suede jacket, while accessorising with a gold chain necklace and a pair of Ray Ban shades.
The psychological thriller – which also stars Gemma Chan and Nick Kroll – is set in a utopian community of 1950s California and focuses on a housewife who discovers a disturbing truth about her seemingly perfect life.
Masked up! He wore his hair handsomely coiffed with a pair of black wayfarer sunglasses and a grey face mask
Colourful: Harry was later spotted wearing a white T-shirt and rainbow sweatpants
Plot details are being kept under wraps but it is known that Little Women star Florence will play the housewife, whilst KiKi, 28, has been drafted in as a replacement for Dakota Johnson, who bowed out of the movie due to scheduling conflicts.
It is not the only scheduling problem that has affected the project, as former One Direction singer Harry signed up after Shia LaBeouf had to depart the film.
It’s directed by Olivia Wilde, who will reportedly appear in a supporting a role as well.
Star-studded cast: The film also stars Florence Pugh, Chris Pine, KiKi Layne, Gemma Chan and Nick Kroll (Pugh pictured in October, 2014)
Big screen debut: Harry made his acting debut back in 2017 with the WWII film Dunkirk, which won three Academy Awards and was nominated for five others, including Best Picture
Set in the ’50s, Florence plays Alice, an unhappy housewife who begins to notice strange occurrences in her utopian California desert community.
She stars opposite Harry, as her ‘picture-perfect husband’ Jack, who’s harbouring a dark secret from his beloved wife.
Harry made his acting debut back in 2017 with the WWII film Dunkirk, which won three Academy Awards and was nominated for five others, including Best Picture.
He’s also been keeping busy with music, dropping a video last month for Golden, the third single from his second studio album Fine Line, which was released in December.
Stay gold: He’s also been keeping busy with music, dropping a video last month for Golden, the third single from his second studio album Fine Line, which was released in December
- Dozens of US airmen test positive for coronavirus at Guam military base sparking Air Force probe into whether unit members broke strict Covid-19 protection measures
- Coronavirus live updates: Kimberly Guilfoyle tests positive ahead of Trump’s Mount Rushmore event
- Has Mr Greedy met his match? The naked satire of Philip Green that is delivered by Steve Coogan in new film Greed might make even the retail tycoon blanch
- Scrubbing bathrooms, medical teams sanitizing every venue and regular testing for all aides: How Trump's team has increased efforts to stop the president getting infected after eight staffers tested positive for COVID
- 'Not new or much of a deal': Boris Johnson is mocked for comparing his £5bn post-lockdown upgrade of schools, hospitals and roads and war on planning red tape to Roosevelt's massive 1930s US overhaul equivalent to £650bn in today's money
- How are new coronavirus hot spots being contained?
- COVID-19 aggravates Cameroon's Anglophone crisis
- US revokes emergency use of malaria drugs for COVID-19
- Germany: Frankfurt Airport coronavirus test center opens
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: British Film Chief Ben Roberts Reveals Biggest Coronavirus Worry, Changes To Indie Financing & What London Film Festival Might Look Like
- PICTURED: Emmerdale cast begin 'phased return' to work amid COVID-19 crisis... as they film lockdown scenes with social distancing and NO kissing
- What Will Life on a Movie Set Look Like in 2020?
- Leaders of councils threatened by Leicester-style lockdowns reject the idea saying they are based on flawed data – so how bad is the situation in YOUR local area?
- Summer breaks are thrown into chaos (again) as government releases delayed list of quarantine-free countries, even though many still ban Brits: Furious holidaymakers cancel trips after Portugal was excluded, while others vow they will go regardless
- Two EastEnders characters are set for a steamy affair despite sex scenes being scrapped due to the coronavirus social distancing rules
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry news: Duke discusses ‘challenges of finding resilience’ amid Covid after BLM video call
- Government vows to share more postcode-level Covid data with local councils as health bosses more TESTING may have been behind surge in Leicester cases
- Take 2: As curtains lift, a shaky entertainment industry foresees a new way of life
- Officials WILL look again at whether Britons should wear face coverings or masks in public, Matt Hancock reveals as top scientists argue they should be 'part of the new normal'
- Coronavirus: EU approves COVID-19 drug remdesivir
Harry Styles' new film Don't Worry Darling is plunged into crisis as 'crew member tests positive for COVID and stars are asked to quarantine'... after he and Chris Pine were seen on set have 1224 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.