Before a planned trip to the US, Cheng wanted to get vaccinated against Covid-19. To do so, he asked a friend working at a cold-chain logistics company in southeast China to pretend he was employed by the firm, allowing Cheng access to one of the country’s experimental shots.Click here for complete coverage of Covid-19Cheng, a business-owner from Beijing, now plans to fly to Guangdong province and pay as much as $91 to take two doses of what he believes is a vaccine being produced by a unit of Sinopharm, the state-backed Chinese developer at the front of the global Covid-19 vaccine race.“You just transfer him the money via Alipay, but he won’t tell you the details because apparently it’s black market,” said Cheng, referring to a digital payments platform that’s used widely in China. Cheng asked to only be identified by his last name as he fears reprisal for speaking publicly.As developers from AstraZeneca Plc to Pfizer Inc. near the finish line for their coronavirus vaccines, nations are preparing for the challenge of rolling them out, with inevitable supply shortages fueling concerns about inequitable distribution and even the emergence of illegal markets. One place where vaccine… Read full this story
- China hits booming cryptocurrency market with coin fundraising ban
- Jamaica wants in on the booming marijuana market. But will farmers be able to cash in?
- Turkey’s Economic Woes Fuel Fears of Contagion in Markets
- China's home prices to rise 6.8 percent this year as small city sales boom: Reuters poll
- China industrial profits jump most in three months, weather higher financing costs
- The emerging markets boom is taking place in bonds, too
- China cuts red tape, increases potential for breakthrough medicines
- China's Great Wall confirms interest in Fiat Chrysler
- Stocks dip as trade fears offset earnings; sterling slumps, dollar gains
- Adjuvants Market is estimated to witness high growth throughout the forecast period
Fears of booming black market rises amidst Covid-19 vaccine rush in China have 311 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.