MasterChef host Gregg Wallace has revealed for the first time his secret alcohol problem, saying he used to ‘knock on the door’ of his local pub at 10am to start drinking. The BBC star, 56, told MailOnline he socialised with a group of local drunks at The White Bear in Clerkenwell, Central London, after being let in by the owner who was ‘still wearing his dressing gown.’ He says his boozing was sparked by his unhappy home life, loneliness and desire to party. ‘I just wanted to drink’: Gregg Wallace has revealed for the first time his secret alcohol problem, saying he used to ‘knock on the door’ of his local pub at 10am to start drinking Gregg, who has since shed four stone after being told by a doctor he was ‘heading for a heart attack’, said: ‘I just wanted to be out and I just wanted to drink. It was seven days a week. ‘It got so bad at one point the owner of The White Bear in Clerkenwell used to let me in when he was still in his dressing gown. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Gregg Wallace, 56, jokes wife Anne-Marie, 34, now has… Gregg Wallace… Read full this story
- Masterchef's John Torode reveals the secret to his three stone weight loss is eating MORE food as he previously always skipped breakfast
- Anthea Turner: I always have a great time when I visit Belfast... though I often end up in the pub
- Estranged wife of Jessie Wallace’s new lover reveals they are STILL married and he walked out on her just days before Christmas
- EXCLUSIVE The Shining ruined us in Hollywood: Grady twins from horror classic The Shining reveal how movie led to them being shunned and how Jack Nicholson acted as an unlikely father-figure
- Who is Tom Kerridge, how much weight did the chef lose, what are his best recipes and where’s his pub The Hand and Flowers?
- Rock Hudson's Wife Secretly Recorded His Gay Confession
- 15 shocking secrets about cruise life, according to crew members
- Day Trips From London You Cannot Miss
- Singer Jordan Pruitt revealed that she was sexually abused as a teenager: Read her harrowing tale
- The Secrets of a Sacred Underground
EXCLUSIVE 'It was seven days a week': Gregg Wallace reveals his secret alcohol problem and how he used to 'knock on the door' of his local pub at 10am to start drinking have 360 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 17, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.