England will learn its lockdown fate later today with London and Liverpool set to avoid the severest Tier 3 while a small number of rural areas will get away with only Tier 1 measures. But Boris Johnson has warned the new tiering system is going to be “very tough” with the majority of the country facing bans on indoor socialising, while pubs will be shut unless serving meals. He said: “We’ve got to keep our foot on the throat of this virus.” The Prime Minister has been accused of pushing through essentially another nationwide lockdown in all but name by many of his own MPs. However, he will make it clear that areas in higher tiers will be able to move down the scale before Christmas if they follow the rules. Economic forecasts prepared by the Treasury watchdog, the Office for Budget Responsibility, assume that “high to medium” restrictions, equating to Tiers 2 and 3, would remain in place until the middle of 2021, but the PM said he didn’t agree with the “gloomy” prediction. The first vaccine is set to be approved as early as next week – with Britain in line to be the first country to roll… Read full this story
- All Ireland football qualifiers draw: Tyrone, Derry, Armagh and Antrim learn their fate in round one
- Watch: David Healy fires Northern Ireland to victory over England 13 years ago today
- World Cup rewind: England learn to love again
- GM Avoids Tier One Wage Cramdowns… For Now.
- Southampton, Aug 31 (AFP) Scoreboard at stumps on the second day of the fourth Test between England and India here today:
- Where to watch England vs Croatia in London TODAY – best outdoor screen venues for World Cup semi-final
- Where to watch England vs Croatia in London – best outdoor screen venues for World Cup 2018 semi-final
- England World Cup 2018 guide: Full squad, fixtures, group analysis and match dates
- England World Cup 2018 guide: Match dates, squad, fixtures and group analysis
- England World Cup 2018 guide: squad, fixtures, match dates and group analysis
England to learn lockdown fate today with London and Liverpool 'to avoid Tier 3' have 333 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.