ELTON John wants to make up with Rod Stewart and will send him a Christmas card after years of feuding.
The Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word singer says he doesn't "bear any grudges whatsoever".
Sir Elton, 73, said: "Rod and I have always had this kind of rivalry but it's always been very friendly and funny and I love him to death.
"If I saw him in the street I'd give him the biggest hug. There's no point in carrying on vendettas. Life's too short."
Last month Rod, 75, said Elton snubbed him when he invited him over to play football.
The pair's relationship began as neighbours in London in the 1970s.
But in 2018 Rod called Elton's 300-date farewell tour "dishonest".
Elton hit back in his autobiography Me, admitting the friendship had soured.
Most read in Bizarre
He fumed: "I certainly didn't feel like I needed a lecture on the feral spirit of rock and roll from someone who'd spent most of the last decade crooning his way through the Great American Songbook and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.
"What's more, I thought he had a f***ing cheek, complaining about me promoting a tour while he was sat on a TV show promoting his own tour.
"Perhaps it is inevitable that a relationship based on friendly rivalry and one-upmanship would sour eventually."
- Strictly's Bruno Tonioli in tears on Desert Island Discs
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s royal baby — the aristocrats and A-listers in the running for godparent roles
- What Blue Peter presenters did after show - from drag acts to devastating illness
- Britain’s most glamorous hell-raiser: How Girls Aloud’s ‘Hardcore Harding’ became famous for wild-partying, explosive love affairs and stints in rehab – but now faces a battle against cancer
- Democrats, GOP trade barbs over citizenship question on 2020 census
- 38 Movies We’re Excited to See This Fall
- Star Trek Day Virtual Convention Reuniting Nine Different Show Casts
- Labour and Tories face polls disaster as it's confirmed Britain WILL take part in EU Elections: May's deputy admits there is 'not enough time' to sort out Brexit before May 23 - with Farage miles ahead
Elton John to end feud with Rod Stewart by sending him Christmas card have 471 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 20, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.