"I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second," wrote Meghan Markle in an article published on Wednesday, as she shared her experience of suffering a miscarriage.
The Duchess of Sussex revealed she lost her second child in July, with husband Prince Harry at her side.
Writing in the New York Times , the former actress gave a traumatic personal account of the experience, in the hope her story could help others to cope in similar circumstances.
"Losing a child means carrying an almost unbearable grief, experienced by many but talked about by few," she wrote, in a piece titled “The Losses We Share”.
"In the pain of our loss, my husband and I discovered that in a room of 100 women, 10 to 20 of them will have suffered from [a] miscarriage. Yet despite the staggering commonality of this pain, the conversation remains taboo, riddled with (unwarranted) shame, and perpetuating a cycle of solitary mourning."
The duchess, 39, who with husband Prince Harry has an 18-month-old son, Archie, added: "In being invited to share our pain, together we take the first steps toward healing."
Early this year, the couple announced they were quitting royal duties and moving to North America.
- Meghan Markle reveals the VERY expensive family heirloom she’s got for her ‘future daughter’
- Meghan Markle reveals one thing she misses about her old life (and, no, it’s not Instagram)
- Real-life Meghan Markles reveal what it’s like to marry a British guy… from learning rude slang to making the first move
- Meghan Markle reveals new wavy hairstyle at Queen's birthday celebrations
- Howie Mandel remembers Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle’s model days on ‘Deal or No Deal’
- How Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle will be spending her first royal birthday this weekend
- Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle fights back tears during Serena Williams' Wimbledon speech
- Face reading expert reveals the truth about Meghan Markle’s character based on her looks (and it’s not all good news)
- Is Meghan Markle stuck in a style rut? The Duchess wears Givenchy AGAIN at Royal Ascot
- What Meghan Markle’s toes say about her personality (and it could spell trouble for Prince Harry)
- This is why Meghan Markle will NOT be allowed to keep some her birthday gifts
- Meghan Markle breaks Royal rules at Trooping the Colour with off-shoulder Carolina Herrera dress
- M&S re-issues Meghan Markle’s sell-out jumper in yellow… and it’s currently on sale for £15
- The 37 things you need to know about Meghan Markle ahead of her birthday, from her secret hobby to her favourite food
- This is where Meghan Markle will spend her first royal birthday… and why she WON’T be the centre of attention
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s baby daughter could be first to inherit royal title as law challenged
- How Meghan Markle’s body language has changed since marrying Harry
- The genius reason Meghan Markle always wears her hair in a low bun – and it makes changing up her look a doddle
- The secret reason why Meghan Markle keeps wearing ultra-feminine pink to royal events
- Meghan Markle to win an EMMY? Duchess of Sussex nominated for prestigious acting award
Duchess of Sussex: Meghan Markle reveals she lost a child to miscarriage have 526 words, post on www.euronews.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.