British director Tristram Shapeero has admitted he was the filmmaker caught insulting Euphoria star Lukas Gage’s “tiny apartment” when he thought he was muted during a virtual audition.He has written a public apology to Gage, 25, and praised him for his “quick-witted” response.Footage of the awkward exchange went viral after the US actor shared the clip last week, but did not name the director.Thinking his voice is muted, the filmmaker’s voice can be heard saying: “These poor people live in these tiny apartments. Like I’m looking at his, you know, background and he’s got his TV…”Gage, smiling, replies: “I know it’s a sh***y apartment. That’s why give me this job so I can get a better one.” Advertisement Mr Shapeero, a television director who has worked on shows including The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, has now confirmed reports identifying him as the director in question.Writing for US entertainment news site Deadline, he offered “a sincere and unvarnished apology” to Gage. More from Ents & Arts Jeremy Kyle told tragic TV guest Steve Dymond he ‘would not trust him with a chocolate button’ Tim Minchin: ‘We all need to do better at not just screaming at the people we… Read full this story
- I watched an entire flat Earth convention – here's what I learned
- As a right-leaning Brexiteer I know the Left is not going to win back Ukip 'gammon' voters with insults and ridicule
- Emilia Clarke and Thandie Newton look out of this world as they are joined by Star Wars legends at Han Solo premiere
- Solo: A Star Wars Story shows us the hero all feminist men have been waiting for
- Star Wars Day: Mark Hamill reveals what order to watch the films in
- Amazon celebrates May the Fourth with Star Wars-themed Alexa features
- A virtuoso Solo performance from this Star Wars origin instalment
- Tonya Harding’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ is on thin ice
- Who Is The Coolest ‘Star Wars’ Movie Villain?
- Lift Up Your Voice! Sets Two Voice Recitals
Director Tristram Shapeero admits he is 'unmuted' voice who insulted star's flat in Zoom audition have 345 words, post on news.sky.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.