Boris Johnson is due to publish an impact assessment of coronavirus restrictions as he continues to try to convince Tory MPs to back his plan for a new tier system in England when the national lockdown ends on Wednesday.The prime minister is expected to share analysis of the health, economic and social ramifications of the measures taken to suppress COVID-19 ahead of a crunch Commons vote on Tuesday.According to a tally by Sky News, more than 60 Tory MPs have voiced their unhappiness over tiering or have threatened to rebel over the new measures when it comes to the vote.On Saturday evening, Mr Johnson wrote a letter to potential Tory rebels offering several olive branches to secure their support for the system.But despite offering them another chance to vote on the restrictions early next year – meaning the measures could lapse on February 3 – several said they still have reservations. Advertisement Conservative MP Peter Bone said he was “undecided” and would make his mind up after seeing the impact assessment, saying: “The dilemma I have is do we do more damage by the tiered system of lockdown, or do we do less.”Another senior Tory backbencher said that his vote was “still in… Read full this story
- 19 Black Women Just Became Judges In Texas After Winning In The Midterm Elections
- Freshman Kendle Moore sets tone for CSU basketball in exhibition win
- Adam Vinatieri sets NFL career scoring record in Colts win at Raiders.
- Carpenter sets another record in Cardinals blow-out win–Wild Card recaps
- Mitrovic sets UB record with 34 kills in win over Kent State
- Planned community of 19,000 homes on northern fringe of Los Angeles wins approval from commission
- Missouri State football: How historical was the Bears' win over ISU?
- Kavanaugh poised to win SCOTUS seat Saturday afternoon
- Dan Crenshaw, Veteran Pete Davidson Mocked on ‘SNL,’ Easily Wins Congressional Race
- Singapore PM says post-Brexit trade deal with Britain possible
COVID-19: PM set to publish impact assessment of coronavirus restrictions in bid to win over MPs have 321 words, post on news.sky.com at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.