Accounting for a quarter of the world’s coronavirus cases and deaths, it was inevitable Europe would be having a much more muted Christmas this year.The UK has announced up to three households can form a “bubble” for five days over the Christmas period, meaning families will be able to come together over the festive period.But with cases rising in many countries across Europe, leaders are still grappling with tough decisions over how far restrictions can be peeled back.FranceFaced with one of the worst second waves of the pandemic in Europe, Christmas will look very different in France this year. Advertisement Paris will not be holding its Christmas market or opening ice rinks, and much of the hospitality industry – including restaurants, cafes and bars – will remain shut until 20 January next year. More from Covid-19 COVID-19: Travel ban lifted on Denmark as Estonia and Latvia added to quarantine list COVID-19: Disney job losses hit 32,000 as coronavirus disrupts theme parks COVID-19: ‘Don’t hug your gran at Christmas’ – Prof Chris Whitty’s message as Boris Johnson warns of New Year lockdown COVID-19: AstraZeneca to run extra trial of vaccine developed with Oxford University COVID-19: UK’s weekly infection rate drops by… Read full this story
- Covid-19: Friendly kissing poses European dilemma as virus spreads
- Italy is experiencing a COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, but I still plan to travel there with my family
- Bye-bye handshakes: how COVID-19 is changing global habits
- COVID-19 | Virus deaths rise in Italy, government prepares economic support
- Coronavirus COVID-19 has begun spreading in Australia. So, what happens now?
- COVID-19 coronavirus threatens Josh Frydenberg's promised budget surplus
- As coronavirus COVID-19 spreads, how are Italy, Iran, Korea and others dealing with the outbreak?
- Coronavirus: Total of 85 cases of COVID-19 now confirmed in UK
- Coronavirus: COVID-19 outbreak worsens with 45 countries confirming virus infections
- COVID-19: Europe's free movement presents profound challenges amid coronavirus panic
COVID-19: No hugs or kisses and a warning to St Nick - how Europe is spending Christmas have 306 words, post on news.sky.com at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.