Americans could start receiving a COVID-19 vaccine as early as 11 December, according to the chief scientific adviser for the US government’s vaccine programme.Dr Moncef Slaoui, part of Operation Warp Speed, told NBC: “Within 24 hours from the approval, the vaccine will be moving and located in the areas where each state will have told us where they want the vaccine doses.”The front-runner is a candidate developed by Pfizer and German partner BioNTech, which demonstrated an efficacy rate of 95% in the companies’ phase 3 clinical study.There were no serious safety concerns observed in those who took part in the trials, with the vaccine tested on people with and without a prior coronavirus infection.The US Food and Drug Administration’s outside advisers will meet on 10 December to discuss whether to authorise the vaccine for emergency use. Advertisement This would mean it could be used for those who are at highest risk from the virus and Dr Slaoui said it would be distributed based on each state’s population. How close are we to a COVID-19 vaccine? Keep track of the global effort States would decide how to prioritise groups but it would be recommended that healthcare workers be vaccinated first, along… Read full this story
- Haitian-American Filmmaker Receives Artist Grant from the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation
- AMERICAN MANGANESE RECEIVES CANADIAN PATENT FOR MANGANESE EXTRACTION PROCESS
- League Two fixtures 2018-19: Macclesfield start at Swindon, Tranmere open at Stevenage
- ECP starts receiving nomination papers of candidates for general polls
- Caribbean American son receives prestigious Fulbright Research Fellowship to Taiwan
- Samsung Galxy S7 and S7 Edge owners in India start receiving Android 8.0 Oreo
- Japanese worker fined for starting lunch 3 minutes early
- Scunthorpe United fixtures 2018/19: Iron start season away to Coventry City
- Dengue vaccine increases risk of severe infection
- What is the HPV virus, can women and men get vaccinated and what are the symptoms of cervical cancer?
COVID-19: Americans could start receiving Pfizer vaccine 'as early as 11 December' have 316 words, post on news.sky.com at November 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.