Coronavirus vaccines will start to roll out next month if one is approved by the British drug regulator, Matt Hancock confirmed today. The Health Secretary said in a TV briefing that the Government has officially asked the regulator, the MHRA, to consider licensing the vaccine made by pharmaceutical firms Pfizer and BioNTech. A late-stage study this week confirmed that the jab was 95 per cent effective in clinical trials and appears to protect people of all ages from coronavirus. The £15-a-dose jab is currently the odds-on favourite to be approved first by the MHRA, although candidates from Moderna and Oxford University are close behind. It comes as Britain today confirmed another 20,252 positive coronavirus test results and 511 more people have died. While cases are down – a drop of 26 per cent from the 27,301 recorded last Friday – deaths are continuing to rise, with today’s 511 a 36 per cent increase from 376 this time last week. Professor Jonathan Van-Tam, deputy medical officer for England, said today that the UK is ‘waiting’ for the watchdog’s authorisation to use the vaccine and said it would ‘happen at the speed of science’. Leaked NHS plans today revealed that even those in… Read full this story
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson Orders New Restrictions As COVID-19 Cases Surge
- COVID-19 In West Virginia: Gov. Jim Justice Among 1st To Get Coronavirus Vaccine
- Switzerland starts rolling out Covid-19 vaccine, elderly to get initial jabs
- Donald Trump may buy up Britain's coronavirus vaccine before UK gets any
- COVID-19: Celebrities who have had the coronavirus vaccination
- At least 128,000 people in US get Covid-19 vaccine: Report
- Spending Review RECAP: Rishi Sunak says UK in 'economic emergency' with 'lasting damage'
- Flights to US thrown into chaos as Heathrow COVID testing centre is struck down by a 'plumbing issue' for second day - as Virgin Airlines says UK passengers to ANYWHERE in America will now need a negative test to board
- Nations Break Daily COVID-19 Records for Cases and Deaths
- UK Covid daily cases rise by 39,036 in second highest ever leap and 574 deaths in last 24 hours
Coronavirus vaccines WILL start to roll out next month, Matt Hancock confirms as he says UK regulator is assessing Pfizer's jab after Britain confirms 20,252 more Covid-19 cases and 511 deaths have 331 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 20, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.