New Zealand reported new cases of coronavirus on Tuesday, its first confirmed local transmission in 102 days. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said that there were four cases in an Auckland household from an unknown source. Auckland, the nation’s largest city, will move to alert level three, meaning bars and many other businesses will be closed to prevent the spread of the illness. The rest of the country will be raised to a level two alert, which limits the size of gatherings both inside and outside, and hospitality services must be seated and separated. “After 102 days, we have our first cases of COVID-19 outside of managed isolation or quarantine facilities … while we have all worked incredibly hard to prevent this scenario, we have also planned and prepared for it,” said Ardern. Read more: Stranded New Zealand honeymooners hitch lift from Falkland Islands on fishing boat Watch video 03:49 Share New Zealand / Brazil Send Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3eUnd New Zealand’s COVID-19 approach – compared to Brazil’s kbd/dr (AP, AFP)
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Chicago Bulls: How to watch, live stream and lineups
- New Jerseyans are 'fully on board' with legal weed in new poll. Do you agree?
- Seven thoughts following Delaware’s 38-14 win against New Hampshire – The Review
- 10Fold Launches Sixth Office to Keep Pace with High Demand for Integrated Communications
- New Lilly Diabetes Center of Excellence Established at the Indiana Biosciences Research Institute
- Fur Real?: New Zealand Village's Plan to Ban Cats Sparks Outrage
- New Zealand urges tourists to care for environment
- Manuirirangi returns home to compete in New Zealand's Nationals competition • The Tulane Hullabaloo
- Mary Keitany Earns 4th New York Marathon Title, 3 Minutes Ahead of Pack
- Itchy-O Talks New Album, Spaghetti Dinners and Starting a Record Label
Coronavirus: New Zealand sees new community transmission have 303 words, post on www.dw.com at November 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.