A knock on the door was the first time Lucy Jeal realised the National Health Service had plans for her death. She had just enjoyed an early lunch of two lamb chops and roast potatoes when she was disturbed by the unexpected visitor soon after midday. She got up from her favourite chair to let a man she had never seen before into her three-bedroom South London council flat. Recalling the moment this week, she explained: ‘He was a local nurse who wanted to talk about my future health care. ‘He said that I should not be brought back to life if my heart failed me. I felt the NHS wanted to put me to sleep.’ Lucy Jeal, 93, was sent an A4 size notice, pictured, which stated that she would not be resuscitated if her heart stops RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Britons should steer clear of singing, dancing and even… Fury as older Premium Bond savers are ‘abandoned’: Tide of… Share this article Share Lucy, at 93, was upset when the man left after just over an hour. She shed a tear as she busily knitted her great-grandson a cardigan with a complicated cable stitch that afternoon. Yet… Read full this story
- Sent into care homes like sacrificial lambs: Horrific evidence reveals that elderly with the virus were knowingly sent away from hospitals into facilities then devastated by fatal outbreaks
- UK announces record 381 more coronavirus deaths including 19-year-old with NO underlying health conditions taking British total to 1,789 fatalities as outbreak passes 25,000 cases with 3,000 more positive tests in 24 hours
- Care worker, 53, who starred in viral TikTok dance with 102-year-old resident is found dead at home amid fears she had Covid-19
- Almost 10,000 care home residents have now died from coronavirus in the UK as official figures reveal 25% of all victims are in care homes - and data suggests Britain's true death toll could be almost 45,000
- Family in disbelief after healthy 39-year-old dies from coronavirus: 'Something's not right'
- 113-year-old coronavirus survivor: 'The elderly are the forgotten ones of society'
- 'Everyone put on their show faces': Willis Clan sister Jessica describes how her father began molesting her when she was three and explains what finally drove her to escape the family after 20 years of beatings and abuse
- NHS chief Simon Stevens reveals that hospital staff in England are treating 9,000 coronavirus patients a day - down from 19,000 at the infection's peak with admissions falling 2,000 a week
- 'There is so much death... it's horrific': Nurse's desperate diary strips bare the scandalous state of our care homes as she reveals the agony of watching coronavirus-hit residents saying goodbye to their loved ones on the phone
- Chilling moment medics carry suspected coronavirus patient into ambulance from his London home as cases jump 665 in a day and a boy, 18, 'with health issues' becomes UK's YOUNGEST death
Condemned by a 'care pathway'... again: Elderly patients are still given 'Do Not Resuscitate' orders against their or their families' wishes as this 93-year-old's horrific experience reveals have 460 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 27, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.