Ciara and Russell Wilson also share their excitement for their son Win to celebrate his first Christmas
Ciara and Russell Wilson are getting into the holiday spirit!
The singer and her quarterback husband are prepping for the holiday season, sharing what the two have in store for their kids: daughter Sienna Princess , 3, 6-year-old Future Zahir , whom Ciara shares with her ex-fiancé, rapper Future, and baby son Win Harrison , 4 months, who will be celebrating his first Christmas.
“Right now, Russ is knee-deep in football, so during this time of year we all move around his world. Then when I’m doing a show, I’m always still trying to make sure that I’m factoring in his schedule,” Ciara, 35, tells PEOPLE. “But it’s a unique time that we’re in, right? I think there is nothing greater than simply spending [the holidays] together.”
“We’re about to get all the kids’ gifts in line, which is exciting and we’re actually getting ready to plan out our Christmas card, which is exciting too – we’re about to get into the spirit of it all,” the “Level Up” singer reveals. “So first football and then Christmas, but it’s just a sweet joy to be together on that actual day. For Win, it’s his first Christmas. Our eldest, Sienna and Future, they know what time it is so they’re anticipating something.”
She continues: “It’s always cute to see their reactions — even with the little things, it doesn’t have to be the biggest gift in the world. And nowadays you have to be more vocal with them because they are very particular. So I’m just hoping that we’ll get it right and I look forward to seeing their reactions on their faces to something that that they wanted.”
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
Agreeing with his wife, the Seahawks quarterback goes on to stress the importance of the family being together for the holidays, especially amid a tumultuous year of ups and downs for everyone.
“For us, it’s all about spending that family time together because it’s been such a tough year and for Ciara and I to spend so much quality time together — normally we’re traveling around all over,” Wilson, 31, says.
Now, hunkered down at home amid the ongoing pandemic, the parents made time for their “passion project” and each other — getting dressed up for at-home date nights and spending “so much quality time together” while creating their “dream come true” collaborative fragrance ahead of the holidays.
“When we first met, we were so passionate about each other and we wanted to translate that into something. We always in the back of our minds wanted to do a fragrance together,” Ciara says of their one-of-a-kind eau de parfum, R&C The Fragrance Duo . “Developing this fragrance was a special gift — we had three or four date nights focused on the fragrance and it was a fun way to connect and make the experience memorable.”
She continued: “You have to find ways to keep it sexy and keep it fun. We couldn’t do date night out like we usually would, but we would have an at-home date night, and we would smell each other’s scents … We would give each other challenges and wear the fragrances at different times of the day on different days and see if we both had the same reaction to the ones we loved. Thankfully we both had the same positive feedback and emotional reaction which was when we knew we had the winner.”
Developed by the famed couple, along with perfumers Catherine Selig and Linda Chinery from Takasago, the R+C duo — which features the pairing of one feminine scent and one masculine scent — was a creative “dream” for both Wilson and Ciara.
The “sensual” and “effortlessly sexy” scents, which dropped Tuesday and sold exclusively at RandCFragrance.com for $90, don’t just smell good — the unique duo comes in a sleek packaging , featuring two entwined magnetic glass bottles, reflective of the couple’s special bond and true connection.
“We’ve spent so much quality time together, not just smelling each other but also just the bonding despite everything else, Ciara getting pregnant and everything with COVID, it’s been a blessing to be able to spend that time together,” Wilson explains.
“I think our kids – the holidays – they really look forward to it. They’re excited for the holidays coming up — they always do their stockings and all that stuff so we'll have a good time.”
For more from Ciara and Russell Wilson, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE , on newsstands Friday.
- Ciara and Russell Wilson Start Day Dancing to Bruno Mars Over Pancakes
- 5 simple ways to survive the holiday season
- Kidney transplant recipient Mark Dobson: Even on holiday you have to be extremely careful
- The greatest family travel scavenger hunt
- Holiday shopping tips to save money and reduce stress
- Plan, be positive, unplug: 5 ways to make family meals more enjoyable
- Baby born in Italy 15 weeks early to spend first Christmas at home in England
- Don't spend Galentine's Day alone -- these apps can help
- Holiday Stress or Holiday Blues? Tips to Have a Stress-Free Holiday Season
- Holiday Stress Management: Avoid Holiday Blues this Holiday Season
- Under the mistletoe: Tips for a happy sex life over the holidays
- Holiday Guide to Avoiding Stress, Depression and Debt
- Friends can improve your health and well-being, especially during the holidays
- Nova Spivack interviews Wolfram Alpha's Russell Foltz-Smith
- Help kids manage their holiday expectations
- Gladiators and gelato: a family break in Rome
- The Best Holiday Workout Plan, Plus 12 Days of Christmas Workout
- Are you at risk of these common holiday hazards?
- The most wonderful (and stressful) time of year. Could you be suffering from seasonal anxiety? Find out how to cope.
- Managing cancer treatments through holidays is a tough road
Ciara and Russell Wilson Talk Holiday Plans: 'It's All About Spending That Family Time Together' have 1168 words, post on people.com at November 19, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.