Health Secretary Matt Hancock today warned it is ‘too early’ to know if coronavirus case numbers will have fallen enough to lift the England-wide lockdown on December 2. Mr Hancock said ‘most of’ the positive tests which are emerging across the country now likely originated before the national shutdown started. Health officials said this afternoon that ‘if the lockdown is working’ then they should start to see case numbers start to fall ‘over the next week’. It comes as figures today revealed how Britain’s second Covid wave appears to be flatlining, with just a small rise in infection numbers when compared to this time last week. Mr Hancock also revealed tonight that Britain has now secured five million doses of Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine after UK officials scrambled to strike a last-minute deal with the US firm. The Health Secretary said ministers ‘absolutely hope to be able to replace the national lockdown with a tiered system’ next month – but he stopped short of guaranteeing that will happen as he placed Christmas in peril. In other coronavirus developments today: Boris’s £100billion Operation Moonshot will ‘fail miserably’ and may accelerate Covid’s spread because the tests are poor, top experts warn Mr Johnson insisted… Read full this story
- Should Christians Celebrate Christmas?
- War on Christmas? Part 1: The Evidence
- War On Christmas? Part 2: Who Is Lying To Whom?
- Want To Know More About Costa Rica?
- I Flopped Badly At The National Finals!(How Not To Prepare For/Deliver An Important Presentation)
- How to Stop Going Broke and Start Building Wealth
- Do You Know How To Deal With People Who Mock And Ridicule You?
- The Tarot, Terrorism And Global Warming: What The Tarot Has To Say About The Modern World
- Getting Started on Your Diet - Finding Motivation to Lose Weight
- What Traditional Debt Counselors Don't Want You To Know
Christmas still in peril as Hancock warns it is 'too early' to know if Covid cases will fall enough to lift national lockdown on December 2 - but says we should start to see results in the next 7 days have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.