How does government decide what Tiers areas are put into? Boris Johnson promised to base Tier allocation on ‘common sense’, and the government’s ‘Winter Plan’ set out a series of metrics to be used. They are: Case detection rates in all age groups;Case detection rates in the over 60s;The rate at which cases are rising or falling;Positivity rate (the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken); andPressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy.However, there are no specific numerical trigger points, and the document added that there will be ‘some flexibility to weight these indicators against each other as the context demands’. ’For example, hospital capacity in a given area will need to be considered in the light of the capacity in neighbouring areas and the feasibility of moving patients,’ the document said. ’Case detection rates will need to be weighted against whether the spread of the virus appears to be localised to particular communities.’ Advertisement Boris Johnson tonight begged people to get on board with new Tiers despite fury at the ‘vague and inconsistent’ rules that have seen 99 per cent of England plunged into the toughest curbs. At a Downing Street press conference, the PM insisted… Read full this story
- Britain's daily coronavirus deaths and new infections drop almost a THIRD: Signs of hope as 439 fatalities are recorded in a day - the lowest 24-hour toll in almost a week - and the UK records 3,802 new cases - 2,000 less than yesterday
- With a low 'turnover' threshold, Government's new MSME definition sows confusion
- Sir Keir Starmer says Britain 'can't go back to business as usual' after lockdown as he says crisis 'has brought out the human spirit in all of us'
- Need some new music? Check out these 12 albums you might have missed
- Michelle Keegan looks pretty in prints as she tries on her new Very clothing collection after it's delivered in a huge pink wardrobe on wheels
- New York boy, 5, dies from 'what appears to be' rare inflammatory syndrome linked to coronavirus, as 73 children are now hospitalized with the condition
- New York Governor Cuomo brings in new rules for nursing homes after they are hit hard by pandemic - including twice-weekly tests for staff and ban on accepting COVID-19 patients from hospital
- Grandfather who led police on chase through coronavirus checkpoint says he ‘gave them a run for their money’
- News updates from Hindustan Times: Have 7-stage plan to bring back migrants, says TMC on Amit Shah’s letter & all the latest news
- Boris Johnson unveils new slogan for roadmap out of lockdown but new stay at home message draws criticism amid shock warning 100,000 could die if coronavirus restrictions are lifted too early
Chris Whitty shoots down Boris's promise that there there IS an 'escape' route from new Tier system by saying 'anywhere that goes into tier one will rise' and Tier 2 is only 'strong enough to hold the line' have 454 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.