Britain has recorded a further 26,860 coronavirus cases, up 7.6 per cent on last Saturday – as deaths rose by 462 in 24 hours and scientists warned sticking to lockdown rules for the next two weeks would be ‘crucial’ to ensuring families can spend Christmas together. Last Saturday the UK confirmed another 24,957 positive Covid tests, meaning today’s total demonstrated a rise of 7.6 per cent. It comes as a weekly report from the Office for National Statistics found that England’s outbreak had stayed relatively flat in the first week of November, with only a four per cent rise in daily infections, indicating a potential slow down in the virus’ spread. Today a further 933 cases of coronavirus were revealed in Wales, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 64,881. Public Health Wales reported another 20 deaths, taking the total in Wales since the start of the pandemic to 2,191. And 10 people with Covid-19 have died in Northern Ireland, the Department of Health has said. The death toll recorded by the department now stands at 846. There were also another 511 confirmed cases of the virus recorded in the last 24-hour reporting period. A total of 46,359 people have… Read full this story
- Coronavirus cases have TRIPLED to almost 6,200 within three days and the outbreak is now worse than SARS - but China insists spread 'will peak in the next 10 days'
- Chicago woman in her 60s is SECOND confirmed coronavirus case in US as 61 others checked
- Inside the NHS hospital where Britain's first two coronavirus patients are quarantined and hazmat-clad nurses treat sufferers through a protective TENT to prevent the spread of highly contagious diseases
- Coronavirus cases TRIPLE in 3 days with more infected in China than SARS – as death toll hits 169
- Fears over rise in coronavirus cases in patients who’ve NEVER been to China
- White House tells airlines it may suspend all China-US flights as Coronavirus cases surge past 5,500 worldwide including EIGHT in North America and 20 American airports are now screening for the infection
- Coronavirus cases in Wuhan alone could be 75,800 – as experts warn ‘true scale of epidemic is unclear’
- NYC tests first suspected coronavirus case as man in Boston becomes EIGHTH person diagnosed in US while Pentagon prepares 1,000 quarantine beds and global death toll rises to 304 with 75,000 potentially infected globally
- Wuhan mayor says he expects another 1,000 coronavirus cases in the city as Beijing warns virus is MORE contagious than SARS amid fears of 90,000 cases in China alone
- World Health Organization declares China's coronavirus is a HIGH risk to other countries and admits it rated it 'moderate' by MISTAKE last week - as death toll rises to 82
Britain records 26,860 new coronavirus cases - up 7.6% in a week - and 462 more deaths as SAGE scientist says sticking to lockdown rules for next two weeks 'crucial' for saving Christmas have 420 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 14, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.