Britain today recorded the fewest daily Covid-19 cases in almost eight weeks in yet another sign that England’s lockdown is working as 11,299 more positive tests were declared — but deaths are at a six-month high. Today’s infections marked a fall of 43.6 per cent on the 20,051 last Tuesday and 27 per cent drop on yesterday’s 15,450. Daily cases are now at their lowest since October 2, when fewer than 7,000 Britons were diagnosed. The UK also announced 608 Covid deaths in the last 24 hours, which is the highest daily total since May 12, when the disease claimed 614 victims. However, there are signs fatalities have started to level off as today’s death toll is only 1.7 per cent higher than last Tuesday, when there were 598 victims. Covid deaths lag two to three weeks behind the infections trend due to the time it takes for people to fall seriously ill with the disease. Experts anticipate deaths will start to tail off next month, after the country’s second lockdown has ended. The seven-day rolling average number of coronavirus cases — considered a more accurate measurement because it takes into account day-to-day recording fluctuations — is now 18,295, the lowest… Read full this story
- Homeless deaths rise by a quarter in five years, official figures show
- Parents’ pain as student deaths rise
- UK Life Expectancy in Free-Fall and Avoidable Deaths Rising Due to 'Widening Social Inequality'
- Vaping-related illnesses jump to 805 nationwide; deaths rise to 12
- AgustaWestland case: HC gives two weeks to CBI to file reply on Christian James’ bail plea
- AgustaWestland case: HC gives two weeks to CBI to file reply on Christian James' bail plea
- Chinese figures show fivefold rise in babies sick from contaminated milk
- U.S. vaping-related deaths rise to 42, cases of illness to 2,172
- Johnny Depp Ordered To Release Booze & Drug Use Records In $50M Defamation Case Against Amber Heard; ‘Pirates’ Star’s Lawyer Blasts “Abuse Hoax”
- Apple Bans All Vape-Related Apps From iOS Store As E-Cigarette Deaths Rise
Britain records 11,299 Covid-19 cases in lowest daily figure for almost eight weeks but deaths rise to 608 in highest toll since May have 323 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.