Electric toothbrushes are, once again, featuring highly in adverts for the Black Friday sales, with retailers making extraordinary boasts about discounts. Amazon claims to have slashed the price of an Oral B toothbrush by 74% from £229.99 to £59.99, while at Boots, a Philips Sonicare brush is “better than half-price”, down from £140 to £50. Amazon is so keen on the Oral B SmartSeries 6500 that it described it this week as the “Amazon Choice” among the many Oral B toothbrushes it had for sale, and a “#1 bestseller”. So we checked the deal with CamelCamelCamel, a website that tracks prices of products sold on Amazon. Its data suggests that at no time in the last two years has the toothbrush been priced at more than £102.45, and that the only time it was priced at £229 was for a few days in late September and early October 2018. Amazon disputes this, saying it had been offered at £229 on other dates, although it did not specify when. For the last Black Friday the same toothbrush was being sold by Amazon for £5 less than this year. Since then the price has yo-yoed. For brief periods it has been £102,… Read full this story
- Boots launch new Black Friday 2019 deals with massive price cuts on electrical beauty
- Fenty Beauty’s Black Friday 2019 sale: Will Rhianna’s beauty label be discounted this Black Friday?
- Philips slash £100 off Lumea Prestige IPL hair removal devices in Black Friday sale
- Black Friday Week is here! Amazon leads retailers slashing prices on everything from tech to toys - and we've picked out the best deals on offer
- Best Black Friday beauty deals 2019 from Boots, Origins, and Liz Earle
Black Friday: brush up on prices as that 'deal' might not be a bargain have 267 words, post on www.theguardian.com at November 21, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.