Cultural icon, fashion muse and celebrated beauty – Audrey Hepburn left an indelible mark on the world. But despite her outward success, her life was haunted by loss.Sean Hepburn Ferrer, Hepburn’s eldest son, tells Sky News that one of the deepest losses in her life was the miscarriage of a baby girl when she was six months pregnant.At a time when both royalty and celebrities are beginning to talk openly about miscarriage, it’s hard to appreciate the silence around the issue in the late 1950s and 1960s when Hepburn was at the height of her fame.As Hepburn Ferrer explains: “It was typical of that generation not to be coochie coochie and warm and fuzzy… Disney introduced that concept.” Advertisement Hepburn suffered two miscarriages, one shortly after falling from a horse during filming, but it was the second that was the most deeply traumatic.Hepburn Ferrer says: “I know that the second loss was, which was at six months [in the pregnancy], was very hard. It was a little girl and she was going to be my older sister.”That was very hard, even though the first [miscarriage] was tough, but it was early on in the pregnancy.”What happens is exponential – the… Read full this story
- Oscars 2015: The 10 best dresses ever including Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth Paltrow and Audrey Hepburn
- Barrie Drewitt-Barlow, 50, one of Britain's first gay dads, shares his joy at welcoming a baby girl via surrogate with his fiancé, 25 - who used to date his eldest daughter
- Death of premature baby girl in 2001 triggered '19-year cover-up' of mistakes by health workers, inquiry rules, as Nadine Dorries blasts authorities for 'inhumane and harrowing' failings
- MIC's Victoria Baker-Harber welcomes a baby girl with gallery owner partner Inigo Philbrick following a secret pregnancy... but says he hasn't met his child after he was charged with fraud
- Police launch murder investigation after four-month-old baby girl dies from serious injuries
- 'We are having a baby girl!' Former Bachelor star Emily Simms announces she's expecting a child with husband Pierre Ghougassian ...and she's due on their first wedding anniversary
- Small baby girl struggles against leukaemia
- Michelle Wie West's retirement thoughts changed by having a baby girl
- Audrey Hepburn’s son on how she coped with childhood famine during WWII: 'Her dreams kept her going'
- Pod Save The Queen royal wedding fashion special: Meghan Markle in Givenchy in echoes of Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn: A Hollywood icon scarred by the loss of her father and baby girl have 401 words, post on news.sky.com at November 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.