The presidential race remained too close to call Thursday morning. Former Vice President Joe Biden picked up steam after winning Wisconsin and Michigan, but a huge number of ballots nationwide still need to be counted. President Trump doubled down on his vow to bring swift legal challenges intended to stop votes from being counted, claiming — without evidence —widespread fraud. Bookmark our live election results page and check back often as votes get counted in the Bay Area, California and across the country. Plus, see Chronicle Editorial Board endorsements here. Top headlines: Vote counting proceeds slowly as presidential race hangs in the balance How the Bay Area voted on key races vs. the rest of California California voter registration sets record Latest updates from today: 8:29 p.m. California Democrats took over GOP lead in early votes: Data show Democrats in California voting early for the Nov. 3 election at much higher rates than Republicans. By contrast, in 2016, Republicans participated in early voting at a higher percentage than Democrats, analysis by Paul Mitchell, vice president of Political Data Inc., shows. “In every election, we always saw the early vote would skew Republican,” Mitchell said. “We see the difference happening this… Read full this story
- Why AP called the US presidential election for Joe Biden
- US intel says Russia, Iran sought to influence 2020 election
- Trump Lawyers Dismiss Impeachment as ‘Political Vengeance’: Live Updates
- Senate Votes to Allow Impeachment Trial Witnesses: Live Updates
- Senate Democrats Back Down on Calling Witnesses: Live Updates
- Trump Acquitted After 57-43 Vote: Live Updates
- Managers Say Trump ‘Lit the Fuse’ for Capitol Riot: Live Updates
- Impeachment Managers Show New Footage of Capitol Riot: Live Updates
- Impeachment Trial Shows Shocking New Capitol Videos: Live Updates
- Commentary: Trump and Biden battle in last leg of presidential race – but do Americans care?
2020 Election Live Updates: Biden battles to virtual tie in Georgia, eyes ‘blue wall’ comeback in Pennsylvania have 290 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.