Twitter unblocked the account of mass-circulation daily New York Post after a change in policy, the social media giant said on Friday. Its account was banned after posting an unverified story on Hunter Biden, the son of the Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, allegedly revealing wrongdoings in Ukraine. “We’re baaaaaaack,” tweeted the daily after the ban was lifted. The story is based on materials which were reportedly obtained from a laptop that used to belong to Hunter Biden. The 50-year-old had joined the board of Ukrainian gas company Burisma while his father Joe was vice-president. According to the New York Post, emails found on the device show that Hunter Biden introduced his father to a Burisma advisor in 2015. Joe Biden claims himself and his son never discussed his oversees business activities. Republicans outraged over Twitter ban Other news outlets could not validate the story and many have cast doubt on the source. Joe Biden dismissed it as a “smear campaign.” Initially, Twitter barred its users from retweeting the Hunter Biden article citing its policy on hacked materials. The New York Post account was also suspended on October 14. Then, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey seemed to backpedal, posting that “[s]traight blocking… Read full this story
- Hunter Biden’s $83K per Month Burisma Salary Raises Questions About Role
- Donald Trump Taunts Hunter Biden as He Leaves Board of Chinese Investment Firm
- Hunter Biden zings Trump's family, compares Don Jr. to 'Prince Humperdinck'
- Hunter Biden breaks silence on Ukraine business dealings, claims he did 'nothing wrong at all'
- Deroy Murdock: When it comes to Hunter Biden, 'Big Media' has a newfound respect for privacy
- Judge Napolitano: Hunter Biden's problem is political, not legal
- Meghan McCain: It’s ‘Breaking My Heart’ That Elizabeth Warren Is Beating Biden in the Polls
- Watch–Trump: Joe Biden ‘Was Only a Good Vice President Because He Understood How to Kiss Obama’s Ass’
- Biden Campaign Warns Democrat Candidates: Do Not Repeat ‘Discredited Lies’ About Hunter
- Biden Campaign Throws Temper Tantrum over Peter Schweizer NYT Op-ed
Twitter backs down in NY Post standoff over Hunter Biden have 338 words, post on www.dw.com at October 31, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.