Drone photos show a vast 27-acre Kent field dubbed ‘Farage’s Garage’ being turned into a lorry park for up to 2,000 trucks in case of mass hold-ups at Dover before the Brexit transition period ends this year. The development, next to Junction 10a in Ashford, Kent, is being constructed by the Government as it prepares for the negotiation period with the European Union to conclude in December. Upon completion, the vast site will be used for HMRC customs checks, with an area available as a holding space for up to 2,000 trucks should delays arise for vehicles crossing the Channel. However, it is hoped vehicles will not need to be stored on the land and will be a ‘customs checking site’ by July. Some 29 lorry parks are expected to be built across England in order to cope with potential post-Brexit border trading chaos as hopes of a UK-EU free trade deal are repeatedly dashed. Locals will not have a say in the construction of the sites which are being built in Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Solihull, Kent, Essex, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. The sites have been planned because of fears that truck drivers will face long delays to enter the EU. A… Read full this story
- Fishing report for week of Feb. 27-March 5: Bass action good at San Joaquin Valley lakes
- Fishing report for week of March 27-April 3: Pine Flat and Millerton bass bites best
- A trip to Fargo reveals why Chris Klieman stokes excitement in both K-State and NDSU
- Zero To Hero! This Guy Reveals Dual-Quad Tuning Secrets!
- GTPlanet Weekly Rewind: Nearing The End
- NFL insider reveals 3 teams 'most intrigued' by Antonio Brown trade
- 2009 New York Auto Show Photos And Coverage
- 30-Day Huracan: One Month with MT’s New Lamborghini
- Different Hot Rod Magazines And Books- Required Reading
- 1959’s NASCAR, NHRA, Indy, Pikes Peak, March Meet Highlights
Transition nearly done! Drone photos reveal vast 27-acre Kent field being turned into 1,700-space Brexit lorry park have 299 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.